Colin Higgins

What do people think of the Cooler master Glacer 240L

I was contacting the US location. They were back up and running yesterday and have since contacted me. I accepted the Glacer 240L in place of my Nepton 240M.

Now it is just sit and wait for it to arrive. Luckily I was able to grab a stock Intel air cooler while I waited on RMA. I never expected it to take over a month, so I was leary about "wasting" the money. Glad i did, but can't wait to get back to liquid cooling.

Thanks

Greg

Pclinde    197

I was contacting the US location. They were back up and running yesterday and have since contacted me. I accepted the Glacer 240L in place of my Nepton 240M.

Now it is just sit and wait for it to arrive. Luckily I was able to grab a stock Intel air cooler while I waited on RMA. I never expected it to take over a month, so I was leary about "wasting" the money. Glad i did, but can't wait to get back to liquid cooling.

Thanks

Greg

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the huge delay. I am located in Europe and to be honest (I don't know the support section in the US).

Fingers crossed for a V2. :)

Cheers, Pim

From the Email:

We only ship out the Glacer 240L V2 and not the V1. The only thing that is different between the V1 and V2 is that the pump wires will disconnect from the pump.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Respectfully,

Patrick Jarreau

I am not sure the connector was the only issue with the unit and why it was causing fires for some people. I will keep a close eye on it either way.

max vogan    0

Hi Greg,

Did you contact Cooler Master located in Europe or USA? When was the last reply?

Cheers, Pim

What would you do if you had a flood of people wanting RMA's.. Keep silent? stay hidden? Lol. I got my second Glacer 240L v2 and its gurguling and the pump sounds funny unless i reduce the RPM. 

Poor design, the pump cavitates. Fails within months and almost caught my computer on fire. Im still in the process of repairing it and my processor may be toast. It may need to be turned down as far as speed goes to prevent cavitation but that is heresay and should be in the instructions as a warning. As far as a design perspective the pump should be able to run at 100% cap all the time and still last more than a month. :-/ we will see if they replace mine with another model......