Steven

Coolernaster Seidon 120V Version 2 pump speed

Steven    1

Hi I have just installed the 120V V.2  running it on a Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz Current OC -4.0GHZ, with an AsRock Z77 Extreme6 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77).

I'm not overly convinced that the performance of the unit is that much better than the Thermalright True Spirit 120 M Air system I had in before, so Im playing with the settings to see what is the optimum setup. I could just as easily run if off the CPU fan header or the secondary CPU fan header but I've chosen Chasis fan 2 which is a fixed speed which can be adjusted on a sliding scale 1-4 from as little as 1700 rpm up to as much as 2300 rpm, im currently running it as 1930 rpm . Alternately I could connect it to Chassis fan 1 which increases automatically as the temps rise.

So my questions are 

1. what is the optimum pump speed ?

2. should it be allowed to run at a fixed speed ?

3. or should it be allowed to fluctuate with the temps ?

I have also checked double checked the pump is installed correctly and it is I have also tested the tightness and found that a 1/8 turn back from tightest on the block mounting seems to be the best position.

The idle temps are around 30 c and if im running Prime 95 at Small FFT the temps are average after 5 minutes  77 c. Im using two Fans on the radiator the Noctua NF-F12 both pulling air into the case, I have 1 top fan pulling air out, 2 side fans pulling air out and 2 front fans pushing air in. All of this is in a Corsair 330R case with one GTX 970 Nvidia GPU and a 750watt PSU. Any feedback would be welcome especially from anyone running a similar system. On a positive I have noticed that the instant I stop the Prime test the temps drop by 40c instantly which I think is quite impressive.

My ambient room temp is 20c which obviously has a bearing on the air being pulled into the case.

• Upvote 1

Hewell    0

Hi I have just installed the 120V V.2  running ...

1. what is the optimum pump speed ?

2. should it be allowed to run at a fixed speed ?

3. or should it be allowed to fluctuate with the temps ?

Hi I have the Seidon 120M I'm I have the same question

What is better to the pump, full speed or fluctuate?

I think that is the full speed but...

Thanks for the answer

CM Patrick    34

Hello Stavros 25 & Hewell,

The Seidon 120V and Seidon 120M have a 3 pin connector for the pump so it is meant to run at full speed all the time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,

Patrick
CMUSA Support

Hello Stavros 25 & Hewell,

The Seidon 120V and Seidon 120M have a 3 pin connector for the pump so it is meant to run at full speed all the time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

Hello Patrick, I have a some question about the same topic.

I bought a Seidon 120v, and my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H (i have 1x4pin CPU fan head, 2x4pin case fan header, and 1x3 pin fan header). On witch header i need to instal the pump, and the fan for optimim preformance?

I hope you can help me with this becouse i don't wanna break something on my Seidon and lose warranty. 

Thank you.

Dzenan

Steven    1

Hi i had a quick look at the manual for your Mobo and you need to use the 3 pin fan header for your pump, go into your bios and tell it to run at full speed, Your radiator fan should be connected to your CPU fan header which is automatic although you can set it to run at several speeds e.g to minimise noise under normal use but with a target temp, once it reaches target temp it will increase your fan automatically. 

Hi i had a quick look at the manual for your Mobo and you need to use the 3 pin fan header for your pump, go into your bios and tell it to run at full speed, Your radiator fan should be connected to your CPU fan header which is automatic although you can set it to run at several speeds e.g to minimise noise under normal use but with a target temp, once it reaches target temp it will increase your fan automatically. 

I have checked the bios and i don' have any options for adjusting the 3 pin case fan header. Only the 4 pins

Sunday Morning    178

Hi,

Try Plug the pump into a CHA_FAN connector since it doesn't have the 4th pin for PWM, and plug the fan into the CPU_FAN connector (so the fan speed will adjust upwards when your CPU gets hotter).

Hope this can help you