Leerox

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X Situation

Leerox    0

Hi,

I've been in the market for a new CPU cooler, and always was attracted to Cooler Master's Hyper series, when I heard there was a new 212X on the market, I KNEW it was THE ONE. So first thing I do is lookup a few reviews, you know, the usual, Tomshardware, overclockers, the likes, then after I am SATISFIED, and man, CM did you screw up, that it was the PERFECT COOLER for me, I JUMPED on the market, like I was SO excited. 

First website to check: Newegg...

Wtf? There's nothing there.

Second website: Amazon

Found it!

BUT WAIT

WHAT THE :) IS THIS?? $61.99 for a revamped 212 EVO FROM A SKETCHY NORTH-KOREAN SOURCE??!!

:) nahhh.

Next: Tiger Direct

Nothing? How?!?

After: Microcenter

None?!

Second to last resort: PCPARTPICKER,

NOTHING ANYWHERE

LAST RESORT: GOOGLE?! 

YES

BUT WAIT, WHAT'S THIS -- Price: RS2970

WHAT THE :)?

ANYONE tell me where I can find a Hyper 212X for a NORMAL price and TELL ME WHAT THE :) COOLER MASTER DID!!!

Sorry,

I'm just REALLY mad that CM cut production or something and that I can't find it anywhere from a reputable source for a reasonable price.

I REALLY need a good CPU cooler and i KNOW the 212X is the one I am NOT settling for ANY OTHER air cooler.

P.S. I am in the United States

Christian    0

I guess some models are region base, I'm from Asia and not all model are available here, like Seidon 120V version 2, only available in Europe. Amazon have a third party sellers of 212X, I guess that's why the price is higher.

currently I am looking at D92, it's price close to 212X but different design. D92 available at Amazon and newegg and both have decent reviews.