GotJumpman

QuickFire Rapid-i Mac OSX

GotJumpman    0

I'm considering purchasing the QuickFire Rapid-i, however, I'm on a Mac. I was wondering if anybody knew if  the backlight worked for OSX. If not, is there a workaround to get the backlight to work? Also, is there any other bugs/glitches when using the keyboard for OSX? Thanks in advance. 

CM Bram    35

I'm considering purchasing the QuickFire Rapid-i, however, I'm on a Mac. I was wondering if anybody knew if  the backlight worked for OSX. If not, is there a workaround to get the backlight to work? Also, is there any other bugs/glitches when using the keyboard for OSX? Thanks in advance. 

Hi there,

Please not that the officially supported platform is only Windows OS. So no official support for OSX. You can get the backlight to work I guess but I have heard arround the forums that if you wanted to update the LED FW you would have to do this on a Windows PC because you cannot get this done on your Mac, sorry :)

Wolfgang    1

I am running the keyboard on a Mac. In theory without problems as there is nothing special you need to do. Just one question the MacOS will ask you when you first plug it in regarding the key position.

However, just today I found my ALT key without the LED working :-(  Just removed the cap and the LED is dead for this key. So I am really not sure whether the kb receives a recommendation. I need to bring it back to the shop tomorrow and then see how well this is being treated there. Btw, the keyboard is 4 weeks old...

• Upvote 1

Pclinde    197

I am running the keyboard on a Mac. In theory without problems as there is nothing special you need to do. Just one question the MacOS will ask you when you first plug it in regarding the key position.

However, just today I found my ALT key without the LED working :-(  Just removed the cap and the LED is dead for this key. So I am really not sure whether the kb receives a recommendation. I need to bring it back to the shop tomorrow and then see how well this is being treated there. Btw, the keyboard is 4 weeks old...

You can return it under RMA. Too bad dude. :(

GotJumpman    0

Ah, sucks to hear that.

Thanks for the info! I wasn't really able to find any information online about Mac OSX with the keyboard so I'm glad you were able to tell me your experience with it so far.

bronco    0

I would also love to know how this keyboard works on a Mac. I write a lot and I would like to get a mechanical keyboard and this keyboard caught my interest. 

So it anyone using this with a Mac? I'm using a iMac 27 with Yosemite. 

Bammer    0

I would also love to know how this keyboard works on a Mac. I write a lot and I would like to get a mechanical keyboard and this keyboard caught my interest. 

So it anyone using this with a Mac? I'm using a iMac 27 with Yosemite. 

I was on the same boat as you were and decided to take the risk this week and get it.

I'm happy to say that the keyboard works great on my MacBook Pro (2013 Retina running Yosemite). All keys are correctly mapped, the LEDs work and even some of the FN keys (Play/Pause, Next/Prev Track, Volume Up/Down). As mentioned, you'll have to press the key next to the right shift when you plug it in on your Mac for the first time and choose the proper layout, and that's about it.

Before plugging it in, I went into Windows (Bootcamp) to update it to the latest firmware. As my keyboard is fairly new, I can't say anything about the LEDs or other problems reported in this forum.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Bruno

Pclinde    197

I was on the same boat as you were and decided to take the risk this week and get it.

I'm happy to say that the keyboard works great on my MacBook Pro (2013 Retina running Yosemite). All keys are correctly mapped, the LEDs work and even some of the FN keys (Play/Pause, Next/Prev Track, Volume Up/Down). As mentioned, you'll have to press the key next to the right shift when you plug it in on your Mac for the first time and choose the proper layout, and that's about it.

Before plugging it in, I went into Windows (Bootcamp) to update it to the latest firmware. As my keyboard is fairly new, I can't say anything about the LEDs or other problems reported in this forum.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Bruno

Thanks for sharing your personal experience. :)