MegaXZeo

Is the V10 still a good heatsink?

MegaXZeo    0

Hello Cooler Masters!

Back in 2011, I built a computer that I'm working on replacing.  I still want to use my HAF X case because its still an amazing case.  I also have my V10, which is an absolute beast in any case.

My question is, with new equipment on the market and the V10 being discontinued, should I look at purchasing a new heatsink for my build, or is the V10 still strong enough to simply dust off and reuse?

Thanks for any advice!

What CPU did you have it on previously and what kind of load temps did you have? 

Also I just read a review and I do not believe it will work on a 1150/z97 motherboard, Plus with all the new really good AIO cooling solutions that have been released since 2009 I just do not think it is worth it to burn a extra 70 watts on the TEC that is integrated into the CM V10. Also I have no Idea how reliable they are......Cool Idea when it came out but If it was a good one they would be still making it.

Get a Cooler Master nepton 140xl or 280, I have a 140xl on my 2600k and it does a fantastic job of cooling...whatever you plan on getting please let me know and I will be able to point you in the right direction. Especially since you are using the HAFx again, this way we can see what will mount correctly in your case. I think the 140xl will fit on the rear IO 140mm fan slot. I am using a HAF922 case and I had to mount one of the 140mm fans externally on the top of the case. Its a Big Cooler :)