Forik

CM Storm Trigger software refuses to start

Forik    0

My CM Storm Trigger has worked fine in the past, but as of recently, I discovered that the driver software wasn't able to be opened. Whenever I start my computer, or open the program, the window that says 'Checking for new OTF macros' pops up, and then disappears, but the actual keyboard layout editor doesn't. This is a huge issue to me because I had two profiles, one where the storm key is activated, and one where the windows key is, and now my keyboard is stuck with the storm key as the windows key, so I can't change the backlight brightness or anything.

I have tried everything I could, reinstalling the software, resetting the firmware to my keyboard, and even switching the port to where the keyboard is set to. I even uninstalled the default keyboard drivers, and let them reinstall when I plugged the keyboard back in. Unfortunately, none of this has helped. Does anyone have any idea as to what I could do to make it work again? Even being able to just force open the window somehow, I'd be able to set things up properly again.

Oh, and by the way, the software's tray icon is greyed out, as if it doesn't recognize that the keyboard is plugged in. I'm sure I have a regular CM storm trigger and the right software downloaded, too. I attached a picture of what that looks like.

post-97701-0-76913700-1424981598_thumb.png

Pclinde    197

Hi Forik,

Thank you for providing a lot of information. Can you try another pc or laptop?

Cheers, Pim

Forik    0

I tried it on my laptop, it works just fine there, here's a picture of it. I made a support ticket too, I just made this thread to see if anyone had run into this issue before.

EDIT: Spoke to support about this, they told me to unplug my keyboard, and uninstall the HID compliant device driver from windows, then clean the registry with CCleaner. I did this, and also manually cleared any CM Storm Trigger entries from it to no avail. The other solutions I got were to restore from an earlier point where the software worked, something I can't really do, because my restore points were all overridden from reinstalling the software so many times ( :P). The other option I got was to reinstall windows, and I'm not really in the position to do that right now, the issue isn't big enough to have to reinstall my whole operating system because of it.

Does anyone know if I can force the keyboard layout editor open somehow? I'd like to set the storm key back to being the storm key instead of the windows key. Alternatively, is there any config file I can edit this in?

post-97701-0-91377900-1424989568_thumb.png

Try to download the driver for the trigger and not the trigger z

http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/keyboards/trigger/

Edited by �лек�андр КУЗ�ЕЦОВ
  • Upvote 1

DocJames    0

Hey,

I had the same problem.

For me it was BitDefender Antivirus "folder protection" not allowing the Trigger application to access "c:\users\[USERNAME]\documents\cooler master\cm storm trigger".

Try to disable your antivirus or allow access to "c:\users\[USERNAME]\documents\cooler master\cm storm trigger".

Edited by DocJames