MDMower

QuickFire Rapid-i LED question before purchase

MDMower    0

So there I was, keyboard in cart, ready to checkout, when I thought I'd read a few more reviews. I started to become very concerned about the number of users reporting failing LEDs on this keyboard. Many of these are reviews posted this month (plus more at newegg). Then, I came here to find several threads on the matter: one two three four five (six and seven, kind of). Even more troubling though, is that this issue has actually been acknowledged (here too) by a CM representative, but users report that they are still required to pay RMA shipping on both directions.

CM, I'm excited about this keyboard -- it has great switches, a simple but useful addition of function keys, and has the form-factor I want -- but, I do care about the LEDs lasting for as long as I use this keyboard. WIll you demonstrate a willingness to stand by your product and offer free shipping on warranty returns that are verified to exhibit this acknowledged LED issue? If so, I'm happy to purchase it. Otherwise, I don't want to take the very real risk.

Pclinde    197

So there I was, keyboard in cart, ready to checkout, when I thought I'd read a few more reviews. I started to become very concerned about the number of users reporting failing LEDs on this keyboard. Many of these are reviews posted this month (plus more at newegg). Then, I came here to find several threads on the matter: one two three four five (six and seven, kind of). Even more troubling though, is that this issue has actually been acknowledged (here too) by a CM representative, but users report that they are still required to pay RMA shipping on both directions.

CM, I'm excited about this keyboard -- it has great switches, a simple but useful addition of function keys, and has the form-factor I want -- but, I do care about the LEDs lasting for as long as I use this keyboard. WIll you demonstrate a willingness to stand by your product and offer free shipping on warranty returns that are verified to exhibit this acknowledged LED issue? If so, I'm happy to purchase it. Otherwise, I don't want to take the very real risk.

Hi MDMower,

I have acknowledged this problem. :) Why should we deny it? I wish I could share more information, but I am not aware of any extra or new information regarding this problem. Hopefully I can share some new information soon. Not all Rapid-i keyboards are affected by this problem.

Currently we are still investigating the problem.

Cheers, Pim

MDMower    0

Hi MDMower,

I have acknowledged this problem. :) Why should we deny it? I wish I could share more information, but I am not aware of any extra or new information regarding this problem. Hopefully I can share some new information soon. Not all Rapid-i keyboards are affected by this problem.

Cheers, Pim

Hi Pim,

I get the impression that you might have missed the question in my first post. I'm not really looking for new information, as much as I'm asking whether CM is willing to stand by their product and offer free warranty RMA shipping if a keyboard is verified to suffer from this acknowledged LED issue.

Thanks, Matt

Pclinde    197

Hi Pim,

I get the impression that you might have missed the question in my first post. I'm not really looking for new information, as much as I'm asking whether CM is willing to stand by their product and offer free warranty RMA shipping if a keyboard is verified to suffer from this acknowledged LED issue.

Thanks, Matt

Hi Matt,

I am sorry that I missed the question. We offer warranty if a user is experiencing an issue (like a broken LED). I am not sure about the shipping cost, but I can double check this.

Cheers, Pim

HellBringer    0

Hi MDMower,

Cheers, Pim

HI pim. I am planning on getting the Rapid I because it is compact, but I have heard some reviews saying that the leds go out and it is concerning for me. That was a long time ago now and I am wondering if your keyboard still has this problem or if the new cargo have been fixed or not. Thanks

CM Bram    35

HI pim. I am planning on getting the Rapid I because it is compact, but I have heard some reviews saying that the leds go out and it is concerning for me. That was a long time ago now and I am wondering if your keyboard still has this problem or if the new cargo have been fixed or not. Thanks

Hi Hellbringer,

Im not Pim but I can still reply... Current/new Rapid-i's should not be affected by a LED issue. IF for some reason it still is you can ofcourse RMA it! 

Regards,

Bram

Pclinde    197

Hi Hellbringer,

Im not Pim but I can still reply... Current/new Rapid-i's should not be affected by a LED issue. IF for some reason it still is you can ofcourse RMA it! 

Regards,

Bram

What he sad. :)

Hi Moderators and Admins,

What should i do with my problematic CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i (Red Switches) since everything about it,are broken? The LED, 2 weeks after bought it, those LEDs were broke for some of the keys. After that, the USB connection went wrong. The USB PORT on the keyboard itself felt loose. How come this kind of defects exist in your products and it pass through the quality check? Help me on this. I LOVE THE KEYBOARD. I would lovely and willingly to recommend to my friends of CM but if this is the kind of problem i face, how is this kind of thing is possible? Moreover, i cannot find any channel to RMA my product. And i am in Asia Pacific region. Provide me to contact your side through an email, not by phone. I spent 100bucks on your product, i won't spend more of it onto making an international call. 

Unhappy regards,

M

Pclinde    197

Hi Moderators and Admins,

What should i do with my problematic CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i (Red Switches) since everything about it,are broken? The LED, 2 weeks after bought it, those LEDs were broke for some of the keys. After that, the USB connection went wrong. The USB PORT on the keyboard itself felt loose. How come this kind of defects exist in your products and it pass through the quality check? Help me on this. I LOVE THE KEYBOARD. I would lovely and willingly to recommend to my friends of CM but if this is the kind of problem i face, how is this kind of thing is possible? Moreover, i cannot find any channel to RMA my product. And i am in Asia Pacific region. Provide me to contact your side through an email, not by phone. I spent 100bucks on your product, i won't spend more of it onto making an international call. 

Unhappy regards,

M

This guide will help you. :)http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-obtain-a-product-replacement-RMA/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Good luck!

Pim