Paul

Nepton 140XL , peace of mind , is my Radiator plugged into the correct 4pin header ?

Paul    1

Hi , I am very pleased with my Nepton 140XL , it is my first ever AIO , bought for a great price , it is doing a wonderful job of keeping my CPU cool , i could not be happier etc , the install went well due to watching a couple of Youtubers examples of fitting etc , it soon all made sense :)

BUT and i have seen this question posted before , but the answer just seems to be just plug the radiator into a 4 pin header on your board.....

The fans are happily working at normal speed , i have plugged them in as detailed in the manual , both into the supplied adaptor into my CPU_Fan header on my MB.

Well my main concern is that when checking my MB fan monitor  and HWinfo64 it shows the rad running at 6700 - 7000 RPM 

Is this correct ? should the Rad be running at full speed at all times ? to be honest it seems quite enough and all seems fine , but i would not want to be straining the rad and making a total Newbie error !!!

The header the rad is plugged into on my Sabertooth fx990 R2.0 is called :- CPU_OPT ( i assume stands for CPU optional )

The CPU_OPT is a 4 pin header with the details in the manual showing :-

PIN 1:- Ground

PIN 2:- CPU Fan PWR

PIN 3:- CPU Fan in

PIN 4:- CPU Fan PWM 

Advice please :) TIA 

Hi , I am very pleased with my Nepton 140XL , it is my first ever AIO , bought for a great price , it is doing a wonderful job of keeping my CPU cool , i could not be happier etc , the install went well due to watching a couple of Youtubers examples of fitting etc , it soon all made sense :)

BUT and i have seen this question posted before , but the answer just seems to be just plug the radiator into a 4 pin header on your board.....

The fans are happily working at normal speed , i have plugged them in as detailed in the manual , both into the supplied adaptor into my CPU_Fan header on my MB.

Well my main concern is that when checking my MB fan monitor  and HWinfo64 it shows the rad running at 6700 - 7000 RPM 

Is this correct ? should the Rad be running at full speed at all times ? to be honest it seems quite enough and all seems fine , but i would not want to be straining the rad and making a total Newbie error !!!

The header the rad is plugged into on my Sabertooth fx990 R2.0 is called :- CPU_OPT ( i assume stands for CPU optional )

The CPU_OPT is a 4 pin header with the details in the manual showing :-

PIN 1:- Ground

PIN 2:- CPU Fan PWR

PIN 3:- CPU Fan in

PIN 4:- CPU Fan PWM 

Advice please :) TIA 

Hi Paul,

I am pretty sure you are referring to the pump and not the radiator, please note that all our AIO Liquid Coolers are designed with 3 pin pumps so it means that they are supposed to be always running at 100% so you do not need to worry about it.

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers!

Paul    1

Hi Paul,

I am pretty sure you are referring to the pump and not the radiator, please note that all our AIO Liquid Coolers are designed with 3 pin pumps so it means that they are supposed to be always running at 100% so you do not need to worry about it.

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers!

Ahhh yes indeed you are correct , i do mean the pump :) newbie mistake , great piece of kit , my CPU is currently stated as been at 8.1 oC which is quite amazing really , i should of bought a water cooler sooner :)

• Upvote 1

Pclinde    197

Ahhh yes indeed you are correct , i do mean the pump :) newbie mistake , great piece of kit , my CPU is currently stated as been at 8.1 oC which is quite amazing really , i should of bought a water cooler sooner :)

Nice results. :)

• Upvote 1

Yep Paul I just installed a 140XL on my baby to replace it's 4 year old Corsair H50 AIO that had 2 Cougar Vortex fans and did a good job cooling my i7 2600k @ 4.5-4.75ghz 24/7 under 70c on my GAP67-UD4-B3 MB depending on the ambient temp,that is usually between 5-25c but after 4 years it had to go, not worth the chance of a pump failure and the fact I know It was loosing its cooling capability...probably from a combination of a buildup of corrosion on the micro fins, inside the rad itself and the fact I wanted a higher capacity cooler since I know my 2600k can run at 5.1ghz @ 1.5 v and the 140xl fit the bill perfectly.

I was glad it came with no pre installed thermal paste since I wanted to try Antec's new Diamond Formula 7 that I have seen rave reviews on it with a lot of customers claiming a 20-30c drop in temps with the same heatsinks/Cooling solutions but most were around 5-10c drop and I think the 30C drops were really bad TIM application or a mis-mounted cooler.

I will update the temperature change on both of my EVGA GTX 770 Classified ACX 4gb SLI'ed cards once I change the the Stock TIM out for the Diamond Formula 7.

As for my CPU temperature drop with my new 140XL.....my idle temps right now with my 2600k @4915mhz @1.440V is 27c on core #1 "my hottest core" and 21C on core 0 "my coolest  core" and load temps around on my hottest core after 30min of intel burntest V2 is 62c with a ambient temp of 17c. I am very happy since my little wimpy H50 would be kissing 70c @ a much lower 4500mhz @1.340V at a lower ambient temp!  So I very very pleased with the performance of the 140XL..it is awesome compared to the little H50 that wanted to, but did serve me well over the last 4 years.

As for my pump speeds, they are at between 7030-7100rpm's but very quiet. I am a happy customer as the install besides partially having to remove my MB was a tool less piece of cake:)

Mohd Noh    179

Nice .. we gald you enjoy with CM .. :)

Paul    1

Yep Paul I just installed a 140XL on my baby to replace it's 4 year old Corsair H50 AIO that had 2 Cougar Vortex fans and did a good job cooling my i7 2600k @ 4.5-4.75ghz 24/7 under 70c on my GAP67-UD4-B3 MB depending on the ambient temp,that is usually between 5-25c but after 4 years it had to go, not worth the chance of a pump failure and the fact I know It was loosing its cooling capability...probably from a combination of a buildup of corrosion on the micro fins, inside the rad itself and the fact I wanted a higher capacity cooler since I know my 2600k can run at 5.1ghz @ 1.5 v and the 140xl fit the bill perfectly.

I was glad it came with no pre installed thermal paste since I wanted to try Antec's new Diamond Formula 7 that I have seen rave reviews on it with a lot of customers claiming a 20-30c drop in temps with the same heatsinks/Cooling solutions but most were around 5-10c drop and I think the 30C drops were really bad TIM application or a mis-mounted cooler.

I will update the temperature change on both of my EVGA GTX 770 Classified ACX 4gb SLI'ed cards once I change the the Stock TIM out for the Diamond Formula 7.

As for my CPU temperature drop with my new 140XL.....my idle temps right now with my 2600k @4915mhz @1.440V is 27c on core #1 "my hottest core" and 21C on core 0 "my coolest  core" and load temps around on my hottest core after 30min of intel burntest V2 is 62c with a ambient temp of 17c. I am very happy since my little wimpy H50 would be kissing 70c @ a much lower 4500mhz @1.340V at a lower ambient temp!  So I very very pleased with the performance of the 140XL..it is awesome compared to the little H50 that wanted to, but did serve me well over the last 4 years.

As for my pump speeds, they are at between 7030-7100rpm's but very quiet. I am a happy customer as the install besides partially having to remove my MB was a tool less piece of cake:)

Brilliant , please let me know how it goes with  Antec's new Diamond Formula 7  , as i used the paste as supplied with the Nepton , i might just make a purchase of the paste if it really makes a good difference.

Brilliant , please let me know how it goes with  Antec's new Diamond Formula 7  , as i used the paste as supplied with the Nepton , i might just make a purchase of the paste if it really makes a good difference.

I will try as soon as possible but weather here has been really bad the last 2 days and night's with lots of freezing rain and some snow mixed in and I am picking up a new male Mantle Great Dane puppy tonight to be friends with our 4 year old female harlequin Dane Rosie right before it starts to snow again from around 11pm tonight to 5pm thursday with possibly a foot of snow possible.

On top of that today I have to cut a little more firewood, split it and worst of all fix my snow blower that I hope just threw the belt 3 days ago...Grrrr

I too and very anxious to see what kind of temperature drops I get over the stock paste on the EVGA Classified cards, it always seems like every graphics card company slops on way too much TIM. Also another great thing about the formula 7 is it is non conductive and does not need a break in period, lots of transistors around the GPU die's and would hate to short out a card from TIM like arctic silver or something.