Titosfuneral

Nepton 240m pump sometimes not starting - am I connecting right?

CM Patrick    34

Hi,

I solved this issue with moving the pump connector to the CPU FAN connector. I previously had it connected to the CPU Opt Fan connector.

Still have the ticking noise from the pump, so I'm probably going to RMA it.

Hello Ole Thomas Mikkelsen,

CPU Fan 1 and CPU FAN 2 / OPT are for the CPU Fans since they will usually be 4 Pin PWM headers. Also, with some boards these headers are linked in BIOS for push/pull fan setups this way you can control both fans simultaneously though one setting in BIOS.

I would suggest connecting the pump to a 3 pin header since the pump has a 3 pin connector.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

CM Patrick    34

Nope.. I was wrong.. the pump isn't starting again. Anyone from cooler master want to comment?

Hello Ian,

I would suggest you submit an RMA so we can get you a replacement. 

CM Fanzone:

https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx

RMA Instructions:

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-obtain-a-product-replacement-RMA/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

i also have the pump not start with PC problem...it happen with cool start PC.. and after log in to windows desktop, the CPU temp is up to 95-100C (i OC my i7 3770k to 4.3Ghz) . i plug the pump to the OTP also try to switch to CPU_FAN, it also happen sometimes... so is that the pump problem? been use it for 6 months without problem.. and this pump stop problem start few week ago...

Sunday Morning    177

i also have the pump not start with PC problem...it happen with cool start PC.. and after log in to windows desktop, the CPU temp is up to 95-100C (i OC my i7 3770k to 4.3Ghz) . i plug the pump to the OTP also try to switch to CPU_FAN, it also happen sometimes... so is that the pump problem? been use it for 6 months without problem.. and this pump stop problem start few week ago...

Hi Tan

Before this you radiator in good condition right ? but afew week agos the pump start making the problem right ?

what we see in this case, your radiator have problem .. my suggestion try contact our support services EU or US for the RMA

Sunday Morning    177

yes, before that, system running all fine... ok.. thanks .. i will send back the unit to the store. ( cause i from malaysia.) Thanks again.

Nice .. glad to see you Bro ....  me malaysia tooooo :)

try ask our local dealler regarding this issue ...

• Upvote 1

dwilko    5

Very strange on the pump not working on boot, I've had 2 of the nepton 240m both worked flawlessly apart from a ticking on the first pump which was rmad, never have temps above 55 , always use the manual for installation lol :)

dwilko    5

Very strange on the pump not working on boot, I've had 2 of the nepton 240m both worked flawlessly apart from a ticking on the first pump which was rmad, never have temps above 55 , always use the manual for installation lol :)