Titosfuneral

Nepton 240m pump sometimes not starting - am I connecting right?

CM G740M - thanks for the link again, but it's not relevant in this case. As for the rpm, I am already running at high constant or max rpm to try to get it working properly.

Edit. And now there's a strange rhythmical throbbing coming from the system. It sounds like it's groaning every few seconds. In fact looking at the fan speeds I can see it happening - look at CPU Opt, the purple line. That should be rock solid like the system fans. Instead the pump is speeding up and slowing all the time.

post-96607-0-49682800-1424697813_thumb.png

Sunday Morning    177

Hi Ian,

im trying too help you .. but i dont have like you have

i also have experienced with my seidon .. sound like are crap . you know what iam doing is

trying loose alitte bit the screw and setting my bios to low and result is goods and i have good temp :)

i connect my pump to the CPU fan header and the fans to system fans header

until today my seidon still in good condition

like i said before we have to wait the Admin .. probably they have solution for you

sorry for any inconvenience caused

M Bennett    0

Hi.

Did you sort your problem. I have recently installed a Nepton 240M after running with a Corsair H50 for 5 years. Both I had my pump running from the CPU fan connector and the Fans from a normal pwm connector. Advice I have heard is to run both from the power supply so you get full speed. but I have always ran from the motherboard.

My pump is running at about 2800rpm and my fans at 1400rpm (fans only at 50 percent).

@M Bennet:

I have the pump running fixed at full speed from the cpu opt header, with the fans running from the cpu fan header pwm controlled.

The pump sits around 2800 but sometimes just stops, or doesn't start up with the computer. Also it sometimes sounds like an old central heating system, with rushes of liquid starting and stopping. Or it's just plain LOUD. I have heat and fan speed warnings set and they're just going off too often when the pump just stops, Tbh I am going to buy another cooler and bin this when I have enough time to fit it. It's not working correctly and I can't be without the computer for the time it takes for a return.

M Bennett    0

Hi Ian.

Sounds like there is an issue with the Cooler/pump. If its under warranty still which it should be as the nepton 240m is quite new you should log a call with cooler master - If you have to return it just install the OEM cooler that came with your CPU.

M Bennett    0

There's one last thing you can try - Bypass the mobo connectors and use a converter cable to a molex and run it direct from the PSU. It is runs fine from that then you know its something to do with your mobo.

haswell-e chips do not come with an oem cooler so I am just going to replace it. I have already wasted too much time on it. I'm going back to reliable old air cooling where it just works. :o)

Hi,

Did you ever get to the bottom of it?

I also experience EXACT same problem, also on X99 Gigabyte Mobo (X99M-Gaming 5).

Wen connected to CPU_OPT Pump would start and stop, or stop after 30min or don't start at all. Sometimes Shutdown helps sometimes it doesn't. I re-plugged it as SystemFan1 and set 100% Full Speed in BIOS for it. It's been working Much better but also stopped once yesterday.

I've ordered Molex to Fan adapter to try that next. I can't believe it's a faulty Mobo since I am clearly not the only one having this issue.

I regret not going for H100i but as luck had it it was out of stock ;/

I emailed Gigabyte Support only thing I got so far is Clear CMOS (not very helpful). No reply from CoolerMaster as yet.

Let me know if you ended up sending it back - might save me some hassle!

Thanks,

Dawid

I too, had the exact same problem:  My temps would spike and remain in the high 90s (centigrade).  I had to invert the way I plugged my pump and 2-into-1 fan 4-pin connector into my motherboard.  [by the way, I am yet ANOTHER Gigabyte mobo owner.  GA-797X-SLI rev. 1.2, i-5 6960K.]

I have now been running in the low 30s for over half an hour now by plugging the waterpump into the "CPU Fan" connector  and plugging the y-connector from the 2 fans on the radiator into the CPU_Opt connector.  (I originally assumed that fans should plug into the "fan" connector and an option waterblock would plug into the "optional" connector.  Shame on me, I guess.)

I am hard of hearing, but I have heard no unusual noises from my cooler.  I have set my mobo fan settings to FULL or 100% power so maybe there is no cycling on or a powersaver mode like some of you have experienced under light, then heavy loads.  The only thing I think may be different is that the "Cooler Master" logo on the waterpump appears to be glowing a little bit brighter (indicative of more power coming through the different plug-in point or my euphoria in making my watercooler operational!)

Thank god I found your posts, OP.  I have been trying everything.  Even re-applying thermal paste to my waterblock! (Royal PTA).

So to summarize:  I fixed my running hotter than 'ell Nepton 240M by inverting the plug-in points for pump and fans, and have my fans running at 100% in BIOS.

Stay frosty my friends, and good luck

CM Patrick    34

I have the exact same problem with my Nepton 240m. Almost fried my CPU because the pump didn't start.

I also have that clicking sound from the pump.

Hello Ole Thomas Mikkelsen,

It would be very rare for a CPU to fry if the cooler stops functioning. The CPU would hit the thermal limit and shut down before damage occurs.

If your pump is not working properly please try connecting the pump cable to a different header such as a 3 pin System Fan or Chassis Fan header.

You can also submit an RMA thought the link below if the cooler is defective.

https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx

Instructions:

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-obtain-a-product-replacement-RMA/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support