Titosfuneral

Nepton 240m pump sometimes not starting - am I connecting right?

I have a nepton 240m connected to a gigabyte ga-x99-ud4. I noticed that sometimes when it starts up, the pump can be a bit noisy, but this is the least of my worries. I started checking fan speeds and found that when it happens the pump isn't coming on at all and the temperature of my 5820k is going through the roof (85-95 deg). If I restart it's fine and the temperature drops away straight away.

Before I RMA the unit and have to buy another cooler (it's my new work computer from when the last one died and I can't be without it) I want check that I'm connecting it correctly.

At the moment the pump is connected to the CPU opt fan header. The board is set to run on silent settings so the opt is pwm controlled. However, since I don't want the fan ever to be off, I set it to run af 100% pwm rather than the lesser 75% silent setting. 

Have I got this wrong? Do I need to have it run at constant settings instead?

Edit: The pump just stopped spontaneously and the temps went up again, but this time not from boot. Any suggestions?

Sunday Morning    177

Hi Ian

1. 1 x CPU fan header < you can try put here for the pump
  2. 1 x water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT)
  3. 3 x system fan headers < for the fans

My suggestion try Check if your bios setting is correct. Maybe it's set to a too low RPM setting. Can you set them manually to 100% speed?

try check this : http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/12541-bruit-pompe-neptone-240-m/

It's happening with the bios fan speed set to max all the time. I guess it could be an air bubble issue as the pump is very noisy when it happens. If it's the same, it's not going away as this pump has been operating for about 80 hours now. 

I may have fixed the problem..  I have the pump manually set in the bios and in gigabytes System Information Viewer. Not very scientific, but it's been fine the last 10 reboots and 8 hours. If it stops again I will update here.

Hi,

I solved this issue with moving the pump connector to the CPU FAN connector. I previously had it connected to the CPU Opt Fan connector.

Still have the ticking noise from the pump, so I'm probably going to RMA it.

Sunday Morning    177

Hi,

I solved this issue with moving the pump connector to the CPU FAN connector. I previously had it connected to the CPU Opt Fan connector.

Still have the ticking noise from the pump, so I'm probably going to RMA it.

Hi

you can check this link : http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/12541-bruit-pompe-neptone-240-m/

and try Check if your bios setting is correct. Maybe it's set to a too low RPM setting. Can you set them manually to 100% speed or etc

just trying to help you out