high1

CM Storm Mizar - problems with tracking on cloth mouse pads

high1    0

My MIzar arrived yesterday, and I tested it on the desk, where it was running just fine. Updated the firmware to 1.2.0 - however, when I got home and tried it on A4-X7-300MP cloth mouse pad, it just did not work. 800-1600-3200 DPI are not usable. So I swapped the pad with SteelSeries QCK Mini cloth pad, and to my suprise - the mouse also has tracking problems on this pad. Tested it on a piece of white paper, also tracking problems.Is this a sensor problem on MIzar, or a problem with this sample?

Regards,

high1    0

Hi high1,

It could be a bad sensor, because this is not normal. Can you test FW 1.1.0? Download: http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/support/downloads/213/Global

Please post the results. :)

Cheers, Pim

Tested with 1.1.0 - same results. Mouse does not track properly on cloth. On white paper, also. Can I assume that the sensor is faulty, then?

Pclinde    197

Tested with 1.1.0 - same results. Mouse does not track properly on cloth. On white paper, also. Can I assume that the sensor is faulty, then?

Yes, it should track properly on cloth. I have a Power, Control, Speed & Swift-RX no problem at all. Same goes for white paper. 

high1    0

Thank you for confirmation. I got in touch with local Cooler Master representative, and everything was sorted in very short time.

Pclinde    197

Thank you for confirmation. I got in touch with local Cooler Master representative, and everything was sorted in very short time.

Awesome! Good luck. :)

I have the same problem. It works on my desk but doesnt work on my QCK mousepad and it doesnt work on white paper. I went to the shop and the guy tested it on a different mousepad and it worked fine. Is this a sensor problem or the matterial of the mousepad is not good?

CM Bram    37

I have the same problem. It works on my desk but doesnt work on my QCK mousepad and it doesnt work on white paper. I went to the shop and the guy tested it on a different mousepad and it worked fine. Is this a sensor problem or the matterial of the mousepad is not good?

Hard to say but could be both. I have a mizar too and tested on multiple surfaces and actually have never found any issues. But of course it is impossible to test every mousepad out there... :(

StarCroW    1

Alot laser optical (VCSEL) sensors have troubles tracking on cloth material in general. And Mizar uses A9800 if im not mistaken(long time since I checked it out) that is very sensitive, even small dust particals can make the sensor bugg out sometimes. Still there are gamers out there gaming just fine with this sensor on clothpads, but it can be everything from color patterns or diffrent kind of cloth material that makes this sensor work better or worse. In general I would say laser sensors like this one works best on hardpards period. That´s also one thing alot of gamers tend to check up on before they buy a new mouse. FPS gamers tend to use LED optical sensors instead because they offer less native acceleration and works better on clothpads. PWM 3310 aswell as S3988 are the more popular ones these days and I think we will see more and more gaming gear mice´s using these in the future. Logitech has their monster sensor PWM3366 that seems to be the best one out there right now. Too bad they use it in shapes that alot of people doesn´t seem to like thought  :rolleyes:

So my conclusion: If you like Mizar(great shape imo) buy a hardpad after reading up a bit before you buy it, so it´s a good one.

Otherwise if you like the shape, force CM to sell their Alcor where you live  ;) . It has the same shape but uses the A3090 that is a good LED optical sensor that works good on clothpads.