Faruk Dzilic

CM Silent Pro M600 probably dead: Question about RMA

Hello

First of all sorry for my bad english. :P

I think my PSU Silent Pro M600 is dead, because absolutely nothing happens if I press the start button. No ventilator or HDD movement and no LEDs working. Every cable is properly attached, 20+4pin/4+4pin/power plug/case connectors/etc.

Unfortunatly i have no option to test the mainboard/cpu/ram with another PSU.

My Question: What happens if I request an RMA for a PSU and send it in that is actually not defect? Do I have to pay a fee or somethin like that?

In the event that it is important: the shop where i buyed the PSU does no longer exist, so i have to contact CM directly.

Thank you! :)

Greetings from Vienna, Austria.

Not so important: How do I change the Forum Display Name? It says in the CM fan zone "fail getting data".

knud    129

Did the power supply work before?

(I assume yes.)

As far as I can tell, they will not charge you for the RMA if it turns out to be working. However, they will ask you to do some further testing.

• Upvote 1

Dank je wel/thank you knud.

The PSU worked perfectly fine since i bought it in the summer of 2010, unfortunatly it probably broke. :(

Ok, i will contact CM for an RMA, I'm curious what testing they will me ask for. :huh:

knud    129

The online RMA request system only works in the US, I'm sorry.

You will need to submit a ticket (From the fanzone) and from their CM can help you with the RMA.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the assistance knud.

I requested an RMA and got due to an error three tickets (00059015,00059017 and 00059018). I see no option to close two of them, so I will just wait and see what happens next. :)