Deez

Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W fan not working....

Deez    0

Hello,

I am from Canada and purchased a Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W recently and after using it for a few weeks I noticed that the fan never turns on and my system finally ended up shutting down yesterday when I was playing SC2.

Does anyone know why the fan won't start up?... I heard someone say it is normal and the fan is supposed to come on after the power supply heats up but it isn't...

Thanks..

Hello,

I am from Canada and purchased a Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W recently and after using it for a few weeks I noticed that the fan never turns on and my system finally ended up shutting down yesterday when I was playing SC2.

Does anyone know why the fan won't start up?... I heard someone say it is normal and the fan is supposed to come on after the power supply heats up but it isn't...

Thanks..

Hi Deez,

Not sure if the fan controller module is connected to the power supply? You can also check to see if the fan is defective by switching it to the manual mode on the fan controller.

The fan controller must be attached in order for the unit to work in auto mode so if it isn't connected that would likely be the reason why the fan isn't turning on.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Deez    0

Hey Inferno,

Thanks! It works! I didn't want to connect the fan controller because I already have a NZXT Sentry 2 fan controller so didn't think I would need this.. I would prefer not to use this fan controller but it is ok. Everything is working normally now and I am happy and will continue to choose Cooler Master PSUs for my builds  :)

Hey Inferno,

Thanks! It works! I didn't want to connect the fan controller because I already have a NZXT Sentry 2 fan controller so didn't think I would need this.. I would prefer not to use this fan controller but it is ok. Everything is working normally now and I am happy and will continue to choose Cooler Master PSUs for my builds  :)

You're very welcome, and glad to hear that everything is working now :)