SilverJakler

CM Storm Devastator Randomly Stops Responding

Hi, I just bought a CM Storm Devastator Keyboard/Mouse bundle for Christmas, and I really like it... except for one thing.

Sometimes when I'm on the computer, the keyboard will randomly stop responding, and it's becoming a very frustrating thing to deal with. First, a sound will play, then (if the lights are on) the lights from the keyboard will start flashing on and off. If I try to use the keyboard while it's doing this, there'll be no response. The mouse, however, still works just fine when this happens, but the keyboard doesn't respond at all until the flashing ends. Another thing is that it will happen regardless of whether or not the backlight is on or not, as I've just had this happen with the lights off a few minutes ago. Some help would be greatly appreciated, I really like this keyboard and I don't want to have to get  a new one.

world    84

Have you tried the keyboard with another USB port or another computer?

It sounds like the keyboard is disconnecting and reconnecting to the computer

Pclinde    197

Can you also update your BIOS and USB drivers? Seems like it's disconnecting at random.

Hello. I have the exact same problem, except that the lights don't start flashing. But the keyboeard does switch off for about 10 seconds, and it pisses me off. BIOS and USB drivers up to date. Tried on all the USB slots of my PC (2.0 and 3.0) - always happens. My mice works always good. This DOESN'T happen on a laptop that I had before, I can't try it on any more PC's.

Pclinde    197

But it happens only with my keyboard on all the usb slots, all the other USB devices (including CMSTORM Devastator Mice) work properly all the time.

You may want to try clearing the CMOS. :)

James Cook    0

I realize this topic is old, but wondering if there has ever been a solution to this? 

I bought this keyboard about a year ago and its great except I've had this same issue since first usage. Should have RMA'd but I didn't and now its too late.

Love the keyboard but this is terrible to deal with - often while in the middle of a game the keyboard will start flashing and unable to use it, resulting in losing matches and upsetting teammates, etc.

Its not my USB ports because my CMStorm mouse has no power issues like this and neither does anything else. Only the keyboard.