Sharafat Saad

PSU buzzing noise V750 ( Solved )

Hi guys,

My week old V750 PSU is making buzzing noise. The sound quite sharp and outright annoying. I'm quite worried it might end up damaging other hardware. Any idea whats going on.

Thanks

Spec:

i7 4790k

MSI Z97 gaming 5
Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 C10 8gb
WD Blue 1TB HDD
CM V750 PSU
Cm Storm Trooper Window

knud    128

Does this happen all the time and already from boot?

Also, what GFX card are you using?

knud    128

Is your electric socket grounded? 

Can you link the buzzing noise/sound to system loading? eg: heavy cpu load means (more) buzzing noise from the PSU?

Yes its grounded. Since i don't have a card yet i haven't been gaming. Just browsing, youtub-ing and such. So no CPU heavy load. It actually started to buzz while I am typing this. I read on tom's hardware it could be capacitor a dying? However my unit is new. 

Yes its grounded. Since i don't have a card yet i haven't been gaming. Just browsing, youtub-ing and such. So no CPU heavy load. It actually started to buzz while I am typing this. I read on tom's hardware it could be capacitor a dying? However my unit is new. 

Hi Sharafat,

Maybe you can bring it in to the retailer to test, as I know a lot of users that had similar issue as you actually brought it into the retailer to test and there was no buzzing at all. The main culprit was the outlet and even electricians can't find out what the issue is, to confirm if the unit is defective I would highly recommend bringing it either to a friends place or back to the retailer to test.

Cheers :)

Hi Sharafat,

Maybe you can bring it in to the retailer to test, as I know a lot of users that had similar issue as you actually brought it into the retailer to test and there was no buzzing at all. The main culprit was the outlet and even electricians can't find out what the issue is, to confirm if the unit is defective I would highly recommend bringing it either to a friends place or back to the retailer to test.

Cheers :)

Alright! Will do... Thanks again