Sharafat Saad

Trooper Window. Water cooling. Nepton 240M or 280l

Hi guys!

I just recently got a new rig based on the Trooper Window. However, I'm still running the 4790k on stock cooling (I know bad idea). Planning on an upgrade to a Nepton cooler. Provided my first priority is cooling and then silence. I will also to doing heavy OC-ing. Please kindly solve my following dilemmas:

-240m or 280l
-Is it possible to bottom mount 280l as im fond of the 200m top fan.
-Push or pull? Or both
-In case of bottom mount. How does hot air from radiator affect gpu or vice versa. (MSI Twin Frozr V GTX 970)

Thanks in advance :D

Hi Sharafat,

Sorry to inform you but for most slightly bigger mid tower and full tower cases, you won't be able to mount the radiator to the bottom fan slots as the tubing is not long enough. The Trooper I am sure will not work if you try to mount on the bottom slot as it is too far away from the CPU slot.

The Nepton 280L is a newer product and the performance is definitely better than the Seidon 240M and since you are going to be doing some heavy OC'ing then it makes more sense to go with the Nepton 280L.

The hot air from the radiator won't really affect your video card at all, and if you want your case to have as little heat as possible then you probably need to get some really good high static pressure fans in pull setup to move as much air as possible through the radiator and out of the case.

Cheers.

Inferno

• Upvote 1

Sorry for not being clear i was asking whether Nepton 240m or Nepton 280l. Alright pull setup exhausting from case it is then. Where can i find info on tube length though.

Thanks a bunch

Sorry for not being i was asking whether Nepton 240m or Nepton 280l. Alright pull setup exhausting from case it is then. Where can i find info on tube length though.

Thanks a bunch

Hi Sharafat,

I don't have this info on hand but I will contact our cooling team to get the info on the length of the tubing for you.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Hi Sharafat,

Please see the information of the tubing length below for the mentioned models:

Seidon 240M - 315 mm (included as extra info for comparison)

Nepton 240M - 358±5 mm

Nepton 280L - 375 mm

Cheers :)

Hi Sharafat,

Please see the information of the tubing length below for the mentioned models:

Seidon 240M - 315 mm (included as extra info for comparison)

Nepton 240M - 358±5 mm

Nepton 280L - 375 mm

Cheers :)

Thanks a bunch!! This should be helpful. I'm planning on mounting a nepton 240m on the side for crossflow. Lets see if i can make it work  

Thanks a bunch!! This should be helpful. I'm planning on mounting a nepton 240m on the side for crossflow. Lets see if i can make it work  

You're welcome and good luck with that! :D