djsarcher

PSU Fan Noise Worrying & Loud (G550M)

djsarcher    0

Hi,

I recently bought a G550M, and am concerned with the noise the fan is making, as it is a lot louder than I expected it to be.

I've attached a recording of the noise the fan is making PSU Fan Noise.mp3.

Has anyone heard a sound like this before? I'm not sure what to do about it. Sounds to me that the fan might be hitting a cable inside the PSU, but I can't check without voiding the warranty.

Help would be appreciated.

world    84

That doesn't sound normal to me. :(

Any chance of going back to the store to get it exchanged? If not, perhaps you can contact support and they can set up an RMA for you

djsarcher    0

I bought it online, so could send it back, but wanted to get some opinions before footing the postage, as it'll cost me ~£10 to send it back, and don't want the company to then say there's nothing wrong with it.

It does work fine otherwise, very happy with the unit other than the fan noise.

world    84

If you're worried about the company saying there's nothing wrong with it, maybe you could see if they would review your audio file or something and see if they would consider that enough for an exchange.

Also, they charge you for return shipping even for a defective product? :(

djsarcher    0

Returning goods is at my cost. I may be mistaken with regard to returns for defective goods. If they were to decide that there was no merit to the return there would be additional charges of £10 for testing and the cost of shipping back to me.

Thanks for the advice, I have sent a query to the seller's technical support team to ask it it warrants an return to them for exchange. 

djsarcher    0

Just to update this, I have been in contact with both the vendor (SCAN.co.uk) and CM Support regarding this issue, CM Support advised me to proceed with raising an RMA Request with the vendor, which I have now done, so will be sending the unit back for exchange.

Edited to remove typo!

Edited by djsarcher

Pclinde    197

Just to update this, I have been in contact with both the vendor (SCAN.co.uk) and CM Support regarding this issue, CM Support advised me to proceed with raising an RMA Request with the vendor, which I have not done, so will be sending the unit back for exchange.

Hi djsarcher,

Thanks for the update. Good luck. :)

djsarcher    0

Thanks, I have just sent the PSU back to Scan, so will update when I know more.

Also your post made me realise I made a bad typo in my last post!