Sign in to follow this  
PoiZen

Vortex Dream 7 Socket Compatibility

PoiZen    0

Hi, is the Votex Dream 7 socket A compatible, I see on the few retail outlets that have it, its listed as a 370/462 only, yet from CM it is also listed as socket A. I am guessing it is, but the pics only show the "Crab clip" so I'm wondering how it attaches to the Socket A if in fact it can.

What I meant was, the pics from the retail outlets only show the "crab clip" I see that the pic on the CM product page shows the socket A clip. Does the unit come with both clip types? Thx again!

Did that make sense? anyhow, can I use the Vortex HS in my socket A system? THX!!!

Rig:

Gigabyte k7 Triton (cant afford 64)

3200+ Barton stock

ATI x800 Pro (cant afford XT)

1 gig Geil matched CAS 2.0

2 x 40gig Baracuda SATA 10,000rpm RAID 0

1 x 120gig WD ATA 133

PS: I was one of the few idiots to have purchased Chaintech Zenith MOB and Chaintech Ti 4200 8x about 9 months ago. No overclocking and they went to crap on me about two months ago, Retailer claims Chaintech is responsible for replacement and Chaintech wont answer any requests for Tech or RMA. I am mad as @*#!$ :( and I'm tellin everyone I meet.

Hello Poizen,

Unfortunately I do not have the unit in stock right now to answer your question. I know for sure it does fit the socket A chip but for your question if there are two different clips in there I don't know for sure. I have forward your question to HQ and they will reply to me asap. Once I get the information I will post back.

PoiZen    0

Thx Big, think I figured it out. There are two model numbers for the Vortex Dream

1) ACC-L72 socket A

2) ACC-U72 socket 754/940

Unfortuatly I can only find the ACC-U72 available via retail. Darn the noise to cooling ratio was exactly what I wanted. :(

Karma Ghost    0

That heatsink is impressive. 19 dB and 37 CFM... at 1800 RPM.

Very nice.

But after a jump of nearly 20 dB and nearly 3000 RPM it only gains 4 CFM or so... that seems odd to me.

Apparently it's the kind of fan that I'd leave on low.

I heard that they changed the fan for the retail version. Instead of black and orange blade, I think it's all clear like the super Vortex. I'll have to wait until I get mine.

Garfield    0
I told you Poizen I've contacted HQ. Thank you very much for great detail pictures of the two products Garfield! :D

hey !! you r welcome !! :)