johan jacobsson

Novatouch stops working randomly

Pclinde    197

No, not yet.

Will most likely do it tomorrow. Will get back with results when i have.

Alright, thanks Johan. :)

Installed windows 10 Sunday (25/1) evening and as far as I can tell that solved the problem. Haven't had the keyboard die on me once since.

I still don't understand how it could be a software error. Both the novatouch and my old keyboard use the same default windows keyboard driver so i was pretty sure it was a compatibility error between the motherboard and the keyboard but I was wrong.

I'm still a bit anxious the problem will come back so i haven't been able to appreciate the keyboard as much as it deserves. That will pass and i think i'll enjoy this keyboard for many years to come. There is not a snowballs chance in :) i'll go back to cherry MX switches again.

Pclinde    197

I know the feeling. I like Cherry MX a lot, but since I started using the NovaTouch TKL... ;)

If something goes wrong, please let me know. I installed Windows 8.1 last week, I had no problems so far. But I haven't had any problems at all. 

Sorry for bringing back this old thread but i think I've found the source of the problems.

Due to a combination of injuries, a cold that wouldn't go a way and some old fashioned laziness i haven't done any running since early December.

Decided it's time i start running again so I connected my Suunto Ambit 2 watch to the computer, installed the software and went for a run. This was the first time i did this in Windows 10.

That was earlier today, this evening in front of the computer it didn't take more than 30 minutes before the keyboard died on me. Died again after 30 minutes.

So.. it's the Suunto Ambit 2watch, the Suunto USB cable or the Movescount software that's the problem.

Might be good to know if anyone else has the same problem.

Pclinde    197

Sorry for bringing back this old thread but i think I've found the source of the problems.

Due to a combination of injuries, a cold that wouldn't go a way and some old fashioned laziness i haven't done any running since early December.

Decided it's time i start running again so I connected my Suunto Ambit 2 watch to the computer, installed the software and went for a run. This was the first time i did this in Windows 10.

That was earlier today, this evening in front of the computer it didn't take more than 30 minutes before the keyboard died on me. Died again after 30 minutes.

So.. it's the Suunto Ambit 2watch, the Suunto USB cable or the Movescount software that's the problem.

Might be good to know if anyone else has the same problem.

So the Suunto Ambit 2watch actually 'killed' the NovaTouch TKL? :o?

Eren    0

My Novatouch also disconnect often and i don't have the Suunto Ambit 2watch

But i'm running an Asus Motherboard like OP (Maximus VII Formula).

The Novatouch have a problem with other USB device, as this doesn't happen with any other keyboard, mechanical or not.

roastsn    0

I also have this issue recently after using the vestax vci-380 controller a few times on my pc. Novatouch usually stops working when the vestax is plugged, or shortly after. Rarely, after it's unplugged.

I can unplug the keyboard and replug which fixes it, but sometimes it's only temporary and will die again. Really annoying as I need to be able to type while using the controller!