johan jacobsson

Novatouch stops working randomly

Oh, sorry, perhaps i was unclear. I haven't replaced it yet, still using the first one. Will go to the store tomorrow.

As if it was fate, it died on me again just a few minutes ago. I recorded a video with my phone and uploaded to youtube. It's kind of hard to record and operate the keyboard with only 2 hands so the quality is so-so but it at least illustrates the problem. 

- It's not public, you can only access it with this link.

As you can see in the video, the mouse works while they keyboard is completely unresponsive. ctrl+alt+del & alt+tab does nothing. Unplug and plug the usb connection at the back of the keyboard and it's back to normal.

Replaced the keyboard today but have the same problems with the new one. First time it happened with the new keyboard was while I was entering data into an excel document. Second time it happened was seconds ago while i was editing this post. ^^

Either i'm really unlucky and have got 2 faulty keyboards in a row, which i don't find likely, or there is somehow a capability issue between the motherboard and keyboard.

The troubleshooting continues..

Very frequent tonight, has happened 3 times in the last 2 hours.

I opened the device manager in the control panel last time it "died" and noticed that there are the same amount of keyboard devices there as when the keyboard is working. That would indicate that the computer is able to communicate with it but not receive any key presses from the keyboard.

Also, this time i tried connecting my old keyboard on another usb port. I could use my old keyboard without any problems but the novatouch was unresponsive. So it's a general keyboard error where the computer wont accept any key presses, it's only ignoring the key presses on the novatouch.

Any feedback if someone has any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

*edit: Someone suggested that the Rapid-I had similar problems with an older firmware but that it was resolved in a newer firmware. Could that be a possible solution for the novatouch as well.. does it have a firmware that can be updated?

knud    128

The Novatouch has updateble FW, but as far as I know, there is only 1 at the moment. (Stock version)

Since you have no other option to try this KB on another pc, I suggest you request a RMA.

I've already done that, had it replaced yesterday. Didn't solve my problems so I don't think there's anything wrong with the keyboard, its a compatibility issue.

Tonight i'll try to connect it to the computer through a USB hub, see if that helps. If it doesn't next step is to re-install windows.

Pclinde    197

I've already done that, had it replaced yesterday. Didn't solve my problems so I don't think there's anything wrong with the keyboard, its a compatibility issue.

Tonight i'll try to connect it to the computer through a USB hub, see if that helps. If it doesn't next step is to re-install windows.

Yes, please do so. Use a USB hub and see what happens. :)

Pclinde    197

USB hub didn't help. Will re-install windows and see what happens.

Alright Johan, thanks for the update. What motherboard do you have?