Sign in to follow this  
blackmagic7

Dual RealPower 450 in CM Stacker does not work?

mialutz    0

I have dual 450w in the stacker. I have the primary ps only powering the motherboard 20pin. I switched the 4 pin to the secondary and pulled primary out as was recommended above.

On the 2nd ps I have:

2 200gig Seagate IDE (in hotswaps)

4 200gig Seagate SATA (in hotswaps)

1 120 case fan

1 of those coolermaster squirrel cage blower things

3 80mm fans

I give up. What kind of load does the bloody thing need? I am physically using every 4 pin molex on the thing and using spliters on 2 get juice to the fans.

Do you think it would work if I pulled my Antec True 430w out of my second tower?

HELP Pretty Plz... :D

mialutz    0

I stopped trying to use the 2nd 450w CoolerMaster and just used an Antec. Works like a charm...

If there is ever a real workaround this I will switch back but that is not looking likely at this point.

JEASTMAN    0

hey coolermaster guy, your suggestion using the 4-pin/12v/atx connector from psu #2 works for me!!! thanks for an elegant solution. note; this solution does however compromise the designer who is trying to isolate the motherboard supply. we will need to look at balancing the loads as opposed to isolating them don't you think??? ..i don't know why the other builders arn't getting the same result. swag=improper connection at mobo "mini" plugs??led etc. #2 reset? the ps somehow and try again??//...This Works also:use a 20pin psu for #2 supply; "tap" into the harness of #1psu to connect the old 20 pin adaptor,(cut-off the big ribbon-cable part and use only the 2-wire part). This solution is correct because the circuits are electrically unchanged;suppling an on signal to ps #2 using two thin wires. Hence: one can now isolate all mobo power consumption to one psu. if wished. Note: the two wire adaptor has NO Effect on a 24 pin power supply.(done that) ...this is my first build...my first forum..not from computer field..sincerely jeastman, (send checks to) ::: :D