Sign in to follow this  
blackmagic7

Dual RealPower 450 in CM Stacker does not work?

blackmagic7    0

Hi,

Yesterday I've bought CM Stacker with 2 Realpower 450 W PSU's. With the parallel cable both PSU's are connected. When I power up my PC the slave power PSU stays on for about 2 secs and turns back off again. I've swapped the slave and master PSU's but this has the same effect: The slave PSU always goes off after 2 secs. I've only connected my VGA card (V999 6800 GE) and random other devices (harddisk etc). But this also has no effect. Tried other power cables, power sockets. Alle no change. The parallel cable seems working ok (i've mesured the green and black cables and both are connected).

System specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3400

Asus K8V SE Deluxe

1024 MB RAM (Crossair)

Asus V999 6800 Gamers Edition

Asus DVD drive

Asus CD Rewriter

Panasonic DVD rewriter

2x WD Raptor 36 GB

WD 160 GB Caviar

Creative Audigy 2

Pinnacle TV Card Stereo

Can someone pls help me?

Joey    0

Because the loading of slave PSU is not enough so that you can not boot the slave PSU. Please try to add some devices on slave PSU especially on +3.3V. :)

blackmagic7    0

Guys,

I am a die-hard CM fan. The products are superb, but I have noticed that the support is really terrable. I have mailed more then 10 times to the support mail and posted this message and still dont get any usefull answers.

You can see this as a complaint. If this continius like this and i dont get any support I will never EVER buy a CM product.......

Does CM have a support department?????

blackmagic7    0

Super thanx for your reply :)

Ok, i've connected both the sata connectors but the sec. PSU still turns it self off after 2 sec. Or must I connect the 3.3V on the ATX connector? if so how/to where ? becos the connector on the motherboard is already used by the primary PSU.

Pls advice

blackmagic....sometimes you have to give us some time because it's hard to be on here all the time.

How about this....try removing the 4pins power connector of the main PSU and use the 4pins power connector cable of the slave PSU to the MB. I don't know if you know what im saying but let me try again. You have two cables going to the MB right now. 1 24pins and 1 4pins. Remove the 4pins from the PSU you have installed now and plug the 4pins cable of the other PSU in the MB.

I had the same problem as you when i first installed dual PSU in the stacker. After switching the 4pins cables and try the 24pins cable, it worked. Let me know if it doesn't and I will ask HQ to help.

MonsterZero    0
we do have a support department that can be reached at customersupport@coolermaster.com.

To answer your question, I have used dual PSU setup in the stacker for CES. Please try Joey's suggestion as that is the solution to your problem.

For your other question, the 3.3V is enough.

Funny I have repeatedly sent emails to that support email and never recived anything more than an automated response.