jose villafranca

cpu temps too high with nepton 280l

I recently bought a nepton 280l be cause i wanted to overclock my cpu for 3d rendering, but when i first turned it on after installing the cpu temps where too high, on idle with nothung running and without overclocking, the temp would be between 45°/60°C after seeing this i tried  running prime95 to see if the temperature would stay at  a reasonable level, but it went up to 98°/100°c. i already checked to see if everything is correctly installed, and everything seems fine! what can i do? or has anybody else encountered this problem?

my specs:

core i7 4770k

fractal 2300 case

gtx 769 graphics card

nepton 280l

knud    129

Those temps are really on the high side.

How is everything connected? What is the pump + fan speed?

How much thermal grease did you use? (And just to be 110% sure: you did remove the plastic seal on the cpu/pump block right? )

Possible to show a picture of your build? 

Those temps are really on the high side.

How is everything connected? What is the pump + fan speed?

How much thermal grease did you use? (And just to be 110% sure: you did remove the plastic seal on the cpu/pump block right? )

Possible to show a picture of your build? 

well everything appears to be connected as most people haveit  by what ive seem in the forums except i had to put the fans on top of the case beacuse i coudlnt fit them inside, the pump  speed is around 5500 rpm and the fan speed around 2200 rpm, i did remove the plastic seal on the pump and i used alot fo thermal grease,

also,  i left the  pc on for a little while with no program running, when usddenly the temperature went up to 70°c , and it will go up to 90°c when i go to the bios

so i think everything is functioning normally now. i found a fix in an older thread, I just rotated the pump until the tubes where facing the ram memory. it was kind of difficult because of the tubes and also had to move the ram to make space for the tubes. but the temperatures are much lower now they're between 28°c and 30°c. it would be great for this to be included in the installation guide, it would've saved me so much stress, and would probably be asleep 5 hours ago hahaha!

world    84

Have you tried reseating the waterblock? Next time you do it, pay special attention to the way the thermal paste is spreading. Is the thermal past properly distributed by the force of the block mounting on the CPU, or does it seem to be a thick layer/blob still?

Also, using too much thermal paste can be detrimental to temperatures, since it might actually cause an insulating effect if there isn't enough mounting pressure. 

[EDIT] oops, I was late by a little bit. Glad to see it work out though!