Luke Hatter

need new cpu heatsink for HP H8-1214

Luke Hatter    0

i came across something that is really bizarre. HP Angelica motherboard uses AM3 socket, FX-6100 currently in use, but uses LGA-1155 heatsink mount, and the cpu cooler is a Cooler Master CM-12V. I want to upgrade to FX-8150, obviously no overclocking, and real confused which heatsink to get. Space is a bit on the tight side with the close proximity of the RAM with no heatsink on them. A tower cooler may be out of the question because the fan may blow hot air on the hard drives. the holes in the motherboard for mounthing are actually screw ins.

Luke Hatter    0

here you go. this is the internal of the rig and as you can see the stock cooler master cooler that sits on top of the FX-6100 with four screws. the only thing that's changed since the pic was taken is the psu was upgraded to corsair cx600m for less cables and the red sound card is gone in favor of MOBO on board 7.1 audio. For orientation the hard drive is the front of the PC and you can see the direction of the video card. There is a fan to the rear next to the cpu cooler.

post-96727-0-09727200-1421275707_thumb.jpg

Pclinde    197

The Hyper 212 EVO could be an interesting choice. It's not that big, good performance and a really good price.

CPU Socket:

• Intel Socket:

LGA 2011-3* / 2011* / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 1150 / 775

• AMD Socket:

FM2+ / FM2 / FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2

• Dimension 120 x 80 x 159 mm (4.7 x 3.1 x 6.3 in)
  • Heat Sink Dimensions 116 x 51 x 159 mm (4.6 x 2.0 x 6.3 in)

Please measure the total height you got for placing a CPU cooler.

world    84

I'm thinking that the 212 might not fit, since his system cooling fan is probably 92mm or so, and it's maxing out the side already. But, definitely checking the height would be a good thing :)

Luke Hatter    0

i think the Vortex Plus would be batter idea because the Hyper T2 barely fit in the case. HP Angelica mobo is a micro atx  board and the case is smaller than the thermaltake v3 black amd edition i have on the side waitng for a build to get started. i'm gonna use the T2 in that case on the FX-8350.

HP Angelica is rated to handle the FX-8150, and i would rather not exceed oem specs in terms of cpu.