Mohoo

Nepton 120XL vs. Nepton 240M

Mohoo    0

Hi,all....at first sorry for my english :)

I have one question. Is there any diference in performance between 120XL and 240M.

Specification list for both seem pretty same. Which one should I buy? 

world    84

The 240M should perform better, since it has a larger cooling surface area. As for which one you should buy, that depends on your budget and if your case can mount the 240M :)

The pump and waterblock unit on both are identical, so that's probably why the spec list looks the same :)

Mohoo    0

Thanks a lot for answer...its not about budget for me because difference in prices is only few euros...the question for me is while i should upgrade my case or 120XL do the same job in my old small case. I understand think that 240m has larger cooling surface area..but on the other side 120xl has 2fun on top and that increase air flow. Maybe i'm wrong... :)

world    84

Having push-pull does improve temperatures over just a push or pull setup, but having a 240mm radiator makes a ton of difference over a 120mm

The 120XL will do a good job for most situations, but if you're looking to upgrade your case to begin with, I would recommend something that can fit the 240mm and then getting the 240mm :P Having a 240mm radiator allows for lower fan speeds to cool at the same rate, which is always nice :)

Mohoo    0

Thanks for explaintation :) than if i will upgrade my case than best option will be 280M.
But if i stick with my old case..i worry 120xl will be not enouht and maybe will be beter to go with noctua d15 rather.

Mohd Noh    179

+ if u wanna upgrade your case .. i recommen get the trooper or stryker if not cosmos se :)

dwilko    5

Just be prepared for an RMA with the aio units I've done a ton of research since my first one the pump was faulty and now the second replacement is doing a similar noise so I will more than likely RMA this one lol it's a bit pot luck my brothers is OK I've had two that are a bit suspect. The cooling is awesome tho so if you get a good one you won't regret the nepton 240m

Mohoo    0

Hi :) i had read your topic and i;m sorry for you. After reading a lot of reviews i decide to not buy 240m..lot of issues,bad experience,bad cooling performance and pipes problem...i bought noctua d-15 it's air cooler and i know is really ugly and masive,but who care it is silent and have good cooling performance. Thanks to all for your help 

Pclinde    197

Hi :) i had read your topic and i;m sorry for you. After reading a lot of reviews i decide to not buy 240m..lot of issues,bad experience,bad cooling performance and pipes problem...i bought noctua d-15 it's air cooler and i know is really ugly and masive,but who care it is silent and have good cooling performance. Thanks to all for your help 

Hi Mohoo,

Please send me a private message with the review links. :) Thanks!

• Upvote 1

i know its a late reply to this toppic, but if anyone else is searching for the temp difference between the 120xl and 240m i have them both.

i have an i5 4690k 4.5ghz at 1.288vcore. under a prime95 stresstest the 120xl kept it at around 80 degrees. the 240m keeps it around 68/70

• Upvote 1