Sign in to follow this  
Varry

Dualstorm

Varry    0

I'm about to get a dualstorm to use as cpu-fan. Now i'd like to know from people who have a dualstorm if they're happy with it? Performance wise? I'll hook it up to my cooldrive4, but the dualstorm has it's own speedregulation device, can it be removed?

Varry    0

thx but that does not answer my question about connecting the dualstorm to cooldrive 4. Are the potentiometers inside the cooldrive 4 strong enough to support the dualstorm? since dualstorm has 2 fans.

Pattmyn    0

In regards to your question on its preformance I toss this over to a friend who just baught one: Alright so this thing is sweet, totally quiet and works awesome. Only thing is make totally sure you have an 80mm set of mounting holes on your heat sink unlike I did. I used it for about a week on my P4 stock heatsink and it was terrible (temps went up by 6*C) but after getting it properly mounted (Read: Not using duct tape and cable ties) it dropped my temps down 8*C from my stock cooling. A definate must buy. :D

Varry    0

thx for the help!! i got myself one!! and mounted it on a thermalright SB2 heatsink, with a little adaptation, as the SB2 is made for a 92mm fan, and it works great, looks kickass!!

Thx for the wiring schematic but this is for a jet7, which has only 2 wires connected to the potentiometer, the dual storm has 4, for the 2 fans probably, so i just should figure out the pairs, figure out in the powercables wwhich are for the fans and which for the leds, and then i can control it through cooldrive4!

Has anyone done this yet? what is the minimum and maximum rpm range through cd4 or ag2? same as with the standard potentiometer?