Sotiris

Few questions about my new Nepton 240m

Sotiris    0

Hi,

I just need to know a few things.

I'm mounting the radiator on the top of my Fractal Design Defiance R4 case. My CPU is an AMD FX-8350.

1) According to your experience is it better to have it as intake or exhaust?

2) If intake should the push air into the radiator or pull? Same question if exhaust.

3) Is the RPM on the water block fixed or the rpm's increase and decrease according to CPU temp? Right know I have the water block on the CPU FAN header and the Fans on the CPU 2 fan header. Is this the correct way to install it? I noticed in windows with HWmonitor that the Water block fan always stays the same.

Thank you in advance. 

world    84

1. If top-mounted, I usually have the water cooler as an exhaust.

2. I usually have it pull, but either way would work fine.

3. If you plug the water block into a motherboard header, your motherboard could control the RPM of the pump. It's likely dependent on your BIOS settings, or for software you can install from the motherboard manufacturer.

Every motherboard is a bit different, but I usually like to have pumps on a more constant voltage/RPM and then have the fans adjust speed based on the temperature of the CPU. That said, it sounds like your setup should work. 

• Upvote 1

Sotiris    0

1. If top-mounted, I usually have the water cooler as an exhaust.

2. I usually have it pull, but either way would work fine.

3. If you plug the water block into a motherboard header, your motherboard could control the RPM of the pump. It's likely dependent on your BIOS settings, or for software you can install from the motherboard manufacturer.

Every motherboard is a bit different, but I usually like to have pumps on a more constant voltage/RPM and then have the fans adjust speed based on the temperature of the CPU. That said, it sounds like your setup should work. 

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Right now I have it as intake in a push config. I hear some noise coming from the radiator and I suspect that this noise is generated by the fan pushing air through the radiators fins. I'm going to reverse the fans and make it as you suggested in exhaust while pulling warm air out of the case.

world    84

Glad I could help! Feel free to post again if you have any issues, and I'll do my best to help thumbsup.gif