Felipe

Rapid-i - Problem with firmware v1.20

Felipe    0
Interestingly, I disabled the USB 2.0 ports in the bios setup.

And let enabled only USB 3.0 ports.

And the problem just disappeared! :D

Test and to post results.

Kamirox    0

Interestingly, I disabled the USB 2.0 ports in the bios setup.
And let enabled only USB 3.0 ports.

And the problem just disappeared! :D

Test and to post results.

Sadly i dont know how to make USB 2.0 Ports be disabled i use a 

GA-78LMT-S2P - Gigabyte Motherboard

Pclinde    197

Sadly i got same problem.

I just got my keyboard today and updated the firmware.

After it i checked my ' to = sequence keys have same problems with light options turned off for the region.

And my keyboard also come with the number 8 dead led. so it look really weird :(

I'll ask replacement.

After the firmware update the LED died? 

Kamirox    0

After the firmware update the LED died? 

I`m not sure but i think it comes alredy with a Dead Led , but after i updated the firmware i checked i have same problem from this topic.A sequence of keys keeps light up (From same intesity of low bright mod) even with Light mods off (FN+F1).

I upload a image from problem without the caps.

You can see the sequence ` to = is lightup even with light mod offs. And the dead 8 in the middle sadly.

66c556f397.jpg

chrisys32    0

I bought this keyboard today and upgraded it to 1.20. keyboard lights up and is usable when plugged in at any usb 2.0 and 3.0 port for about a minute. after that keyboard lights go off, it stops reacting to keypresses and i just hear the windows usb unplugged sound three times. then i have to replug it and same thing happens after another minute. it is not a hardware problem, i tried moving the cable in all possible ways, it stays plugged in perfectly, but it always stops reacting after a minute. Is there any way to downgrade to .119 to test it with that firmware?

EDIT: just tried it on another laptop, does the same thing. so i think it must be a firmware bug. if it isn't, well.. it will have to be replaced. and i just got it :/

Felipe    0

@Kamirox

The ones you are considering dead, in fact they are with a minimum brightness, right?
Appearing to be a bad ground contact, but I believe the problem is only firmware and nothing with the hardware.
This keyboard is well built.

Here the problem simply disappeared after I connected the USB 3.0 port.
I was using a few days ..
Now even plugged into the USB 2.0 port the problem does not happen anymore.
All modes is working 100%
Very strange that, but .. anyway .. not hurt to try.

It's a great keyboard, only regretted not coming to Brazil the version with blue switch.

Kamirox    0

@Kamirox

The ones you are considering dead, in fact they are with a minimum brightness, right?
Appearing to be a bad ground contact, but I believe the problem is only firmware and nothing with the hardware.
This keyboard is well built.

Here the problem simply disappeared after I connected the USB 3.0 port.
I was using a few days ..
Now even plugged into the USB 2.0 port the problem does not happen anymore.
All modes is working 100%
Very strange that, but .. anyway .. not hurt to try.

It's a great keyboard, only regretted not coming to Brazil the version with blue switch.

I dont know how disable all USB 2.0 ports on my Motherboard... I tested the keyboard on my notebook and same problem happens.

And my 8 LED dont work even with Light Mod ON on (FN+F1) i think its dead or really messed up with firmware 1.20

Pclinde    197

I dont know how disable all USB 2.0 ports on my Motherboard... I tested the keyboard on my notebook and same problem happens.

And my 8 LED dont work even with Light Mod ON on (FN+F1) i think its dead or really messed up with firmware 1.20

I think there is something wrong with the firmware causing the problem. (I have had no problems so far running firmware 1.20). You can't disable the USB 2.0 ports on your motherboard. 

Kamirox    0

I think there is something wrong with the firmware causing the problem. (I have had no problems so far running firmware 1.20). You can't disable the USB 2.0 ports on your motherboard. 

wow,thanks.

Theres any News about a new firmware update? or any Fix for this weird issue? 

Pclinde    197

wow,thanks.

Theres any News about a new firmware update? or any Fix for this weird issue? 

Not yet. I will update this topic when I know something. ;)