Ray Toro

CM Elite 130 + Zotac GTX 970 Amp! Omega

Ray Toro    1

Hi Ray,

The Elite 130 can support graphics cards with length up to 13.5 inch so there should be no problems fitting this card.

Thanks for the reply Inferno  :) . About Its length, I already know that it can support up to 13.5 inch card. What am I concerned about is its width. As you can see from the picture above, this card is slightly more than 2 slots.

Thanks for the reply Inferno  :) . About Its length, I already know that it can support up to 13.5 inch card. What am I concerned about is its width. As you can see from the picture above, this card is slightly more than 2 slots.

Sorry, I totally misread it. The width is ok as well I was able to install a R9 290 which is about the same width as the card you are trying to install.

Edit:

The R9 290 that I tried installing in this case had 4.45" width and there was still probably just over an inch of clearance so really your card will be very close to touching the side panel.

Honestly, I think the Zotac GTX 970 AMP would probably not be a very good choice to go in a mini ITX case as it is a bit too wide and even if you can cram it in, it would be too close for comfort and may damage the card if the side panel is pushing against it.

Ray Toro    1

Thanks for the tips Inferno. I will try to install the card in my friend's Elite 120 to confirm.  :lol:

Edit : Btw, what version of R9 290 are you using?

Thanks for the tips Inferno. I will try to install the card in my friend's Elite 120 to confirm.  :lol:

Edit : Btw, what version of R9 290 are you using?

Sapphire TRI-X R9 290 :)

Pclinde    197

Hi Ray,

The width between the PSU and the side panel is 2.5 inches / 6.4 cm. Hope this helps.  :D

Cheers, Pim

Ray Toro    1

[uPDATE]

After trying to fit the card into my friend's CM Elite 120, it looks like I have to change my graphics card in order to use this case icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

Here are some of the pictures :

UtdN85il.jpg

FxQQ9k1l.jpg

3OIpM2Pl.jpg

Pclinde    197

Hi Ray,

Too bad. :( That card looks hot! Thanks for the update.

Cheers, Pim