dwilko

Nepton 240m pump ticking

PoeTheGhost    0

The pump noise should always be under 25 dBA. If it's not, that could be a lack of head pressure. Where is the radiator in relation to your pump? Is the radiator mounted in the front, bottom, side, or top of your case?

The radiator is effectively the reservoir, so If it's placed LOWER than the pump the lack of pressure forces the pump to work harder, which can cause it to wear out faster. It can also cause bubbles to get caught in the pump itself, and let any heavier elements in the coolant mixture to settle in the radiator.

I'd also suggest mounting so that the feed hoses are on the SIDE of the pump (if possible) rather than the top or bottom, for smoother coolant flow.

dwilko    5

Hello thanks for posting , I've got the cm scout 2 advanced case mounted at the top and the pump is mounted with the tubes on the side , it 'ticks intermittently ' sometimes loader than the fans sometimes not at tall I've decided to just live with it, its a good cooler other than the pump tick :)

Kristijan    0

I have the same problems with the ticking of the pump, along with the problem with one of the fans. I got my first unit and RMA it, faulty pump and fan. Than got the second one and now the same problems! Faulty pump again and fans noise?!

I connected the pump on the mobo CPU_FAN, OPT CPU_FAN, PSU direct and the pump is still ticking. The sound depended of the connection.With the pump connected directly to the PSU I get almost no noise but every 10 sec. a vibrating,ticking sound. On the mobo connections I get a less noticeable sound but constant ticking. I'm running out of ideas here, please help me out!

Sunday Morning    177

I have the same problems with the ticking of the pump, along with the problem with one of the fans. I got my first unit and RMA it, faulty pump and fan. Than got the second one and now the same problems! Faulty pump again and fans noise?!

I connected the pump on the mobo CPU_FAN, OPT CPU_FAN, PSU direct and the pump is still ticking. The sound depended of the connection.With the pump connected directly to the PSU I get almost no noise but every 10 sec. a vibrating,ticking sound. On the mobo connections I get a less noticeable sound but constant ticking. I'm running out of ideas here, please help me out!

Hi Bro

try check your bios ... u can try set default or etc

and dont over tighten the screw (try looose it alittle bit)

my suggestion try reseat and repump your radiator

most of pump should in cpu fan and the fans should be in system fans header

hopely this tips can help you out

Kristijan    0

In BIOS I have tried every RPM speed stepping it up by 1-2% and on every % i get the sound. The screws are are tighten good I would say, I will try to loosen then a bit, but I don't think it will help. I will try to reseat the pump but don't now how that would help. Thank you anyway. It just pisses me off that you buy a cooler and than have to adjust the position and the tubs and the volts to get the unit working correctly...  :angry:

dwilko    5

Thought I'd give you guys an update , the ticking stopped after few days of use , and not had any issues since , its pretty darn quiet if I'm honest , If yours ticks louder than the fans when the fans are on full RMA it , and if it doesn't eventually go I'd RMA itpost-96176-0-98602700-1442150247_thumb.jpgpost-96176-0-54883800-1442150498_thumb.jpg

Thought I'd attach a image of the Asus management showing temp and pump speed for you guys