dwilko

Nepton 240m pump ticking

dwilko    5

Hi guys new to the community thought I'd ask the people in the know , basically I've built a new PC system and also one of similar spec with my brother , we have both used the Nepton 240m cooler in both builds. Now I installed my CPU cooler and it started off with a faint ticking it would randomly not do it on few boots but once it starts ticking doesn't stop, doesn't matter on speed either itl either get quicker or slow down slightly,its not a harsh ticking if you know what I mean.but isn't in a rhythm like something catching.

Now my brothers one does ever so slightly (have to have the fans off and only the pump running to hear,mines audible over the fans.

So basically is this a problem with the pumps on this series ? Is it normal?

Both are basically brand new one brought from scan about 2 weeks ago installed 3 days ago, and the other from ccl installed today, both have a ticking issue from the pump albeit my brothers is extremely faint.

Any feedback would be great as I'll have to RMA the CPU coolers if there's an issue.

Cheers guys

Pclinde    197

Hi Daniel,

This is the first time that I read about this problem. I would recommend you to RMA the AIO Water Cooler kits. :)

Cheers, Pim

Pclinde    197

Hello Pim

Cheers for the reply, much appreciated i'l request a RMA  from the supplier

Cheers Daniel

Please do so Daniel. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them or contact me. :)

dwilko    5

The only question i have is do i request an RMA from Scan whom i purchased the cooler from or direct to cooler master? Since cooler master make the whole unit themsleves. 

Cheers Daniel

Sunday Morning    177

Hi Daniel,

This is the first time that I read about this problem. I would recommend you to RMA the AIO Water Cooler kits. :)

Cheers, Pim

same here ... this first time i read .. nepton 240 down ..

RMA is the best way :)

iam right Pim :P

dwilko    5

We both initially went with the 240m as it was supposed to have a revised pump built by cm that put an end to the problems with the seidon series and being cooler on the temperatures, but very strange to have Two like it from different suppliers.

RMA time :( shame my brother has great temps 20 at idle 49-52 load with the i7 4790k

dwilko    5

I've emailed scan comp describing the problem with both units, queried if they have had an other issues with other units and requested an RMA well see what happens

Pclinde    197

I've emailed scan comp describing the problem with both units, queried if they have had an other issues with other units and requested an RMA well see what happens

Alright dude! Thanks for the update.

dwilko    5

Hello guys quick update , I RMA'd the cooler it was diagnosed by scan as a faulty pump , I've since received a new one at beginning of last week , I've installed it and was quiet which was awesome the comps been on a total of 30 hours , my temps never excede 35 degrees and my fans are on minimum as they're only boosted if required if the temps excede 35 , unfortunately its started ticking already so I may have another RMA on my hands. Not pleased to be honest but well see ,my brothers cooler has stayed the same really quiet so were a bit miffed lol