CM Bram    35

Reporting another Rapid-i with one dead LED after two weeks of usage. :(

Sorry to hear about that LenY, please return it to the store of purchase to apply it for RMA and you will be sorted a new replacement! 

Rey Siasar    0

Just had my Rapid-I replaced due to LED issues, the first replacement given was also defective when the Tech guy checked it for me, he gave me another one and mentioned that this particular piece have certification from CM that the LED problem is fixed on this unit. I went back to the office, checked the unit and everything seems in order (aside from some dim characters which is probably due to LED placement). I hope I won't have to go back to the Service Center because I had to take 3 buses for an hour just to get there. 

I really love this kb, I just hope I won't encounter the same problems again. 

Kaue Pepe    0

After 4 months, X key led stop working. Then, RMA told me the rapid-i was discontinued in my region, and he has no other tenkeyless option to offer.

I really loved that keyboard, but I don't even get a chance to get another one here.

Had the keyboard since January, couple of LEDs failed within two weeks. It's a shame, such a great keyboard. 

Already asked for RMA, but I don't want to go back to my membrane keyboard though :(

FDECJda.jpg

Tobias Matt    0

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask if this problem still exists.

I'm from Germany by the way, if this makes any difference in terms of quality standards.

I just bought a Quickfire Rapid-i with MX reds and one with MX browns to compare and noticed some differences (apart from the switches of course).

So what i thought was that they were from different batches and maybe one of them has the problem already fixed.

Until now, both work perfectly with all LEDs lighting up.

The differences are the following:

- the red has a more rubbery finish than the brown (you feel it, but can't see it)

- the keycaps of the red are more even, the letters on the brown are a bit inset.

- the keys with stabilizers, especially the space bar, on the red are a bit more noisy than on the brown. But this might be because of the stabilizers themselves, i will try to lube them.

- the LEDs themselves look different, maybe they were swapped out.

The other thing i noticed with both Rapid-Is directly after plugging in was, that if you move your eyes fast from one side to the other, the leds look kind of weird, like stuttering.

I compared this to my CMStorm Trigger Z, where this wasn't the case.

So what i did was filming this with my iPhone at 120fps and as i thought, on the Rapid-i you see them flushing very fast, on the Trigger Z they are constantly on.

This might indicate that:

1. the LEDs are PWM-controlled (but i think this is also the case on the Trigger Z)

2. there might be forgotten a capacitor to keep the voltage constant and to compensate the flushing.

The second point could be the reason for the leds dying so fast, because it would be as if you always turn them on and off very fast all the time.

Is there some Cooler Master Insider here that might be able to check that?

Or at least give some information if the problem is already solved and how to check if mine is affected?

I own it for about 5h now and love it soo much compared to the Trigger Z, which just became too big for my current desk.

The Trigger Z also is a very good keyboard that i can really recommend, that's the reason why i went with CM again.

But if this problem occurs with my Rapid-i, i would have to go with a different company.

kartana    5

I'm from Germany too. I bought mine (mx-brown) a week ago and two LEDs failed withing the first two days of usage! 

It probably depends if the retailer has still the old version in stock or the newer ones where the problem is supposedly fixed.

About the LED turning on and off very fast, that is actually how LEDs work. 

Tobias Matt    0

I'm from Germany too. I bought mine (mx-brown) a week ago and two LEDs failed withing the first two days of usage! 

It probably depends if the retailer has still the old version in stock or the newer ones where the problem is supposedly fixed.

About the LED turning on and off very fast, that is actually how LEDs work. 

Yeah but this normally isn't visible.

The LEDs on my Storm Trigger Z don't look like that, and i haven't seen this on any other LED yet.

So this is a thing that especially applies to the Rapid-i.

Where did you buy yours?

I've got my red one from "Jacob Elektronik" and the brown one from "Computeruniverse".

kartana    5

My brown is from Computeruniverse too. Did you check your manufacturing date? If you check your warranty it should tell you the date when it was manufactured if you haven't registered it yet. Mine was 2014...