One of the LEDs on my Rapid-i is dead.

I would just like to say that this is the second time one of your products fail on me. The first being my Quickfire TK's usb port breaking. I am not pleased with the quality of your products.

The worst part is that i have to live without my keyboard for 2-3 weeks ;(

FML.

This is covered by warranty, right?  :( :( :(

post-95925-0-35346600-1418826702_thumb.jpg

post-95925-0-50141000-1418826713_thumb.jpg

knud    129

This is covered by warranty.

And it sounds you are very unlucky :(

Hope you get it replaced fast.

Pclinde    197

I have posted on Reddit and it seems like there is quite a few other people that have had the same happen to them. I REALLY don't hope i have to get a replacement more than once!  :(

If you compare it with the total sales of all Rapid-i's, then it's just a small number. But it happens. :(

FruitLoop    8

I am not too sure if the number of "defective" Rapid-i's with dead leds is that small...

All I can say is that I feel for you bro. My Rapid-i also had a led die on me (the "E" key, on my case) not too long ago.

And the keyboard only had around 4 months of use, if that.

Can CM by any change trade my Rapid-i with another keyboard from theirs?

In this case, I am talking about a Quickfire TK. It's a little cheaper than the Rapid-i aswell.

franta27    0

Hi. It seems, that this is serious problem with this model of keyboard. Now I have 3rd rapid-i and EVERY one have defective LED. The first one was with letter "B", second with number "8" and now I spot, that F2 is dead. 3 keyboards, every one have dead LED. I'm very frustrated by this, because otherwise this is excelent keyboard. But it seems that I will return even this 3rd one and have refund because I'm tired of this now. Before rapid-i i bought rapid tk with reds and never have problem with it. But it seems, that CM have some serious issues with QC or the board itself.

Pclinde    197

I am not too sure if the number of "defective" Rapid-i's with dead leds is that small...

All I can say is that I feel for you bro. My Rapid-i also had a led die on me (the "E" key, on my case) not too long ago.

And the keyboard only had around 4 months of use, if that.

Can CM by any change trade my Rapid-i with another keyboard from theirs?

In this case, I am talking about a Quickfire TK. It's a little cheaper than the Rapid-i aswell.

I am not sure if that's possible. Maybe you can ask them during the RMA process?

Hi. It seems, that this is serious problem with this model of keyboard. Now I have 3rd rapid-i and EVERY one have defective LED. The first one was with letter "B", second with number "8" and now I spot, that F2 is dead. 3 keyboards, every one have dead LED. I'm very frustrated by this, because otherwise this is excelent keyboard. But it seems that I will return even this 3rd one and have refund because I'm tired of this now. Before rapid-i i bought rapid tk with reds and never have problem with it. But it seems, that CM have some serious issues with QC or the board itself.

Thanks for letting me know Franta. I will talk about this tomorrow when I visit the office.

Cheers, Pim

franta27    0

I am not sure if that's possible. Maybe you can ask them during the RMA process?

Thanks for letting me know Franta. I will talk about this tomorrow when I visit the office.

Cheers, Pim

Thank you. BTW I bet on heat issues during manufacturing process. Because on every keyboard some clusters of LEDs has slightly warmer or colder white color. From my experience this is caused by overheating LEDs during soldering. And white ones are especially sensitive to heat.