Lee T

Nepton 280L - Temperatures too high?

Lee T    0

That's better. I also have the Z97X SOC Force, I had no problems at all (for so far).

Cheers, Pim

Greetings Pim, thanks for the reply, how do you have yours setup in the bios?

Are you overclocked at all?

Have you changed any of the cpu fan settings from "Normal" etc?

Do you have it set in SIV to control the speeds?

What have you plugged the pump and fans into on the board.

Sorry for all the questions.

:)

@Update.

Just ran a Prime95 Torture Test  (In-place large FFTs, max heat) - 70c max.. Before was hitting 100's, fans were spinning at around 1200 so wasn't too loud either, set the fans to 100% at 75c+. and 50% at 50c as 50% was "quieter".

Now to afk with my pc at some point and see what happens.

@UpdateUpdate

On turn off for an hour or so and turn  back on the fans failed to start. The pump did, just not the2 fans, i had to go into SiV and RPM fxied mode to 900rpm to get them to start..  Im confused now.

If you use a SiV smart fan settings can you help me out.

Thanks.

Pclinde    197
  • Are you overclocked at all?
Not at the moment. 
  • Have you changed any of the cpu fan settings from "Normal" etc?
I do not own a Nepton 280L (using a custom loop at the moment). I do have a Nepton 240M.
  • Do you have it set in SIV to control the speeds?

I use SIV (App Center). But only for some case fans. I prefer 'Performance'.

Have you thought of buying a fan controller? I use my Cosmos II fan controller + Scythe Kaze Master II.

Lee T    0

• Are you overclocked at all?
Not at the moment. 
  • Have you changed any of the cpu fan settings from "Normal" etc?
I do not own a Nepton 280L (using a custom loop at the moment). I do have a Nepton 240M.
  • Do you have it set in SIV to control the speeds?

I use SIV (App Center). But only for some case fans. I prefer 'Performance'.

Have you thought of buying a fan controller? I use my Cosmos II fan controller + Scythe Kaze Master II.

the cpu fan settings are in the mobo bios settings.

i cant get the SIV center to work on my fans. its like they fail to initialise on load. i have to manually set them to full and then to 900. the 

280l fans run at 2000+ rpm which is like a plane taking off..

i have the recon fan controller which runs my bottom front and rear fans.. using the built in thermometers, which means it wont detect the cpu temp n speed up n slow down.

thanks for the reply, ill wait and see what gigabyte say. before requesting a RMA i afked for 5 mins came back they had shut off and cpu was running at 100c which is jokes.

@Edit
Decided to take advantage of the last 2 fan controls I have on my fan controller as a temporary thing.
Sadly this means the thing has to be set to manual, (shame I can't have it auto on 3 fans manual on 2) and adjust profiles as and when needed.

I tested my other fans for my old hyper212 evo with my mobo and it appears it works.
Seems to be issues with nepton jetflow fans not getting enough power on load to initialize them but I've not found a way to tweak this in the bios or SIV.
SIV profiling was a nightmare (never ran at what it should run at on the curves) and the bios gives like full speed normal, manual and quiet.