Sign in to follow this  
MonsterZero

20pin Stacker + 2x24pin PSU's and 24pin Mobo

MonsterZero    0

I bought the CM Stacker for my new PC setup. Boy was I bummed to find out they're a little behind the times with providing an adequate adapter. I have 2 24pin PSU's and a 24pin mobo power connectors. The Stacker only comes with a 20pin adapter to connect the two PSU's to the motherboard for easy on/off functionality.

Does anyone know where or how I can get a 24 pin adapter to use with my case? I tried using 3 adapters.. 2 24 pin -> 20 pin -> 24 pin but things don't work properly and it's probably awful for my setup to be even attempting to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I have tried contacting CM twice on this issue and have recieved no response.

Stacker    0

Your not the only one on this forum that has this problem, has anything progressed with this yet! After spending my hard earned cash on Coolermaster products! i.e Stacker and 2 Real Power supplies, i find that i can't use them both at once, come on guys, anyone know where we can get this 24 Pin Y-Cable from!

JEASTMAN    0
I bought the CM Stacker for my new PC setup. Boy was I bummed to find out they're a little behind the times with providing an adequate adapter. I have 2 24pin PSU's and a 24pin mobo power connectors. The Stacker only comes with a 20pin adapter to connect the two PSU's to the motherboard for easy on/off functionality.

Does anyone know where or how I can get a 24 pin adapter to use with my case? I tried using 3 adapters.. 2 24 pin -> 20 pin -> 24 pin but things don't work properly and it's probably awful for my setup to be even attempting to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I have tried contacting CM twice on this issue and have recieved no response.

Hey monster z.: see if you can find my post from yesterday? psu topic here someplace. two solutions; from coolermaster moderator? : try using the 12v 4-pin atx power lead from psu #2 and the 24pin from psu #1 as usual. works like a charm for me. #2 see post 8)

JEASTMAN    0
Your not the only one on this forum that has this problem, has anything progressed with this yet! After spending my hard earned cash on Coolermaster products! i.e Stacker and 2 Real Power supplies, i find that i can't use them both at once, come on guys, anyone know where we can get this 24 Pin Y-Cable from!

i'm not so sure the 24 pin y-cable is the answer. use the 12v atx 4-pin supply from psu #2 and the 24-pin from #1psu. this works for me! 8)

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

There is also a one PS answer to the new boards that will handle SLI etc. The 850W PCP&C and leaves the bottom free for H20 etc.

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/about/whatnew_850_ETX.htm

the OEM demand is so high that end user will have to wait another 4-6 six weeks, but this thing will power all your needs. Going in my SLI upgrade (unless CM comes up with an equivalent unit).

madman2003    0

The day a real computer needs such a psu (providing it lives up to what it sais) is the day something is really wrong. What on earth do you need this much power for?

PoS    0

Are there any updates to this problem? I don't think that the adapter Stacker posted is the correct on. You should only need the green and black wires from the 2nd PSU to be daisy chained with the green and black from the 1st PSU. Exactly like the adapter that Coolermaster provides but in a 24 pin version.

merovingian    0

I'm not sure if I have the answer to this one but I talked to some people who were looking for a 20pin to 24 pin adapter for their mobo cause the PSU was a 20pin. YOU DON"T NEED AN ADAPTER! It works fine in that case, I don't know if that helps this issue.

Stacker    0

i'm not so sure the 24 pin y-cable is the answer. use the 12v atx 4-pin supply from psu #2 and the 24-pin from #1psu. this works for me! 8)

Just one problem i have just found out with this solution is that the human interface meter that is connected to the power supply that is using the 4 pin plug does not work, but the meter that is connected to the power supply that is using the 24 pin plug works fine, anybody have any solutions as to how to get the other meter to work, would bridging the green and black (i think they are the right wires) on the power supply get the meter to work, and if so, would it be safe, and not harm the power supply?