FruitLoop

Quickfire Rapid-i problem

FruitLoop    8

So, I decided to ignore the few first dead leds since they weren't many at first... but right now my keyboard have a total of 13 dead leds, yes 13!

This is so disappointing.

I will RMA this keyboard in the next Monday. It's still withing the warranty period so I want a new one.

Only if they could trade this with a TK... since I'm already regreting purchased this Rapid-i.

the keyboard itself is great, feels good to type on and seems well built, but the led issues kill the deal for me.

Scy    1

So, I decided to ignore the few first dead leds since they weren't many at first... but right now my keyboard have a total of 13 dead leds, yes 13!

This is so disappointing.

I will RMA this keyboard in the next Monday. It's still withing the warranty period so I want a new one.

Only if they could trade this with a TK... since I'm already regreting purchased this Rapid-i.

the keyboard itself is great, feels good to type on and seems well built, but the led issues kill the deal for me.

If only the regular QuickFire Rapid's with no backlighting or the QuickFire Stealth TKL were available.

I only hear bad stories about the Rapid-i with leds and personally, I'm not really fond of backlighted keyboards.

CM Bram    37

If only the regular QuickFire Rapid's with no backlighting or the QuickFire Stealth TKL were available.

I only hear bad stories about the Rapid-i with leds and personally, I'm not really fond of backlighted keyboards.

We have addressed the LED "issue" but the old Rapid and Stealth are available but just not in every region. Where are you located and we might be able to sort you out? 

Xplosm    0

We have addressed the LED "issue" but the old Rapid and Stealth are available but just not in every region. Where are you located and we might be able to sort you out? 

Is there a known batch number etc which are affected? I bought one recently from box at insomnia the other week and updating the fw caused me issues which iv since sorted but i stumbled across this thread and its abit worrying

Any clarification please?

Creator    2

Hi all!

New around here. I'm a relatively new CM user - got a mouse (the Havoc) at work and the Rapid-i at home.

It's rather unfortunate to come to this community after googling about dead LEDs on this keyboard, a thing I did after I've purchased the product  which means I did not do my homework well enough.

Anyway, fact of the matter is that I don't have dead LEDs yet (and hopefully never) but like the user above me, I'm interested to know how did CM engineering team solve this problem or if that's sensitive information, at least can we have a serial/model number (or something) for the "new" keyboard that has this issue fixed?

My keyboard's model # is: SGK-4040-GKCM1-US

Should I expect dead LEDs any moment now?

Thanks.

p.s. I already have to put up with the infamous "ping" sound coming out from space and a few other keys, so this new discovery regarding the LEDs is not helping with improving my satisfaction with this product.

Pclinde    197

Hi all!

New around here. I'm a relatively new CM user - got a mouse (the Havoc) at work and the Rapid-i at home.

It's rather unfortunate to come to this community after googling about dead LEDs on this keyboard, a thing I did after I've purchased the product  which means I did not do my homework well enough.

Anyway, fact of the matter is that I don't have dead LEDs yet (and hopefully never) but like the user above me, I'm interested to know how did CM engineering team solve this problem or if that's sensitive information, at least can we have a serial/model number (or something) for the "new" keyboard that has this issue fixed?

My keyboard's model # is: SGK-4040-GKCM1-US

Should I expect dead LEDs any moment now?

Thanks.

p.s. I already have to put up with the infamous "ping" sound coming out from space and a few other keys, so this new discovery regarding the LEDs is not helping with improving my satisfaction with this product.

Hi,

I am not capable of tracking this down. Sorry. :(

If the ping sound annoys you, feel free to request RMA. 

Cheers, Pim

FruitLoop    8

So the store where I got my old Rapid-i from accepted the faulty keyboard and granted me a credit note to use in anything I wanted.

So I decided that I really didn't need the backlight this time and went with a Quickfire XT and so far I am loving it. It got Cherry Mx Browns aswell and the stabilisers are Costar ones instead of Cherry. They feel and sound great.

I also liked the fact that they include some extra keycaps with it. Nice little extra. :)

I've also bought a new mousepad since the XT was a little cheaper than the Rapid-i. Went with the CM Swift-RX L (large).

I feel it's better quality than my last one (Steelseries QcK+) and I really like the stitched edges, it prevents it from fraying over time.

It's really smooth and playing CS:GO is a blast with it.

Here's some pics of the keyboard (did some mods):

IMG_20150426_144143.jpgIMG_20150426_144202.jpg

Sorry for the low quality photos, but they were taken with my smartphone. :P

Pclinde    197

So the store where I got my old Rapid-i from accepted the faulty keyboard and granted me a credit note to use in anything I wanted.

So I decided that I really didn't need the backlight this time and went with a Quickfire XT and so far I am loving it. It got Cherry Mx Browns aswell and the stabilisers are Costar ones instead of Cherry. They feel and sound great.

I also liked the fact that they include some extra keycaps with it. Nice little extra. :)

I've also bought a new mousepad since the XT was a little cheaper than the Rapid-i. Went with the CM Swift-RX L (large).

I feel it's better quality than my last one (Steelseries QcK+) and I really like the stitched edges, it prevents it from fraying over time.

It's really smooth and playing CS:GO is a blast with it.

Here's some pics of the keyboard (did some mods):

IMG_20150426_144143.jpgIMG_20150426_144202.jpg

Sorry for the low quality photos, but they were taken with my smartphone. :P

Awesome key caps Ricardo! ABT or PBT?

Cheers, Pim

• Upvote 1

FruitLoop    8

Awesome key caps Ricardo! ABT or PBT?

Cheers, Pim

Thanks. :)

Those are PBT, Vortex PBT + POM (normally for backlit keyboards), the white ones. The RGB mods are also Vortex thick PBT.

And the red WASD/Arrows are from the extra caps that came with the XT.