FruitLoop

Quickfire Rapid-i problem

Fulltopper    0

Are really all  these keyboards bad, has anyone got one that had not its LED die after 6 months or less.

Backlit keyboard is pretty important to me so it would not be acceptable..

Fulltopper    0

Got my Rapid-i keyboard now two weeks, no dead LED's yet. But CM claims that this new batch (including mine?) doesn't have these LED issue's.

I would like to know how would I identify this correct batch please....

Creator    2

I have mine for six weeks now and no dead LEDs. I've been using it for just a few hours a day on the lowest brightness level since the light is too strong for my eyes.

Here's to staying like this for years to come.

Wolfgang    1

I have my replacement keyboard just a few weeks and again discovered today the first dead LED. 

@CM: is there now a version available that works for more than some weeks without LEDs dying? Maybe even has the potential to work for years?

Of course I can and will do a RMA at my seller but with the next keyboard failing I will ask for a full refund because the advertised functionality - and reason for buying this particular keyboard - is not working. And it costs be also time and nerves to exchange it. Btw there are LEDs that work for years in keyboards. My laptop PC and MacBook Pro have backlit keyboards and are working absolutely fine since years. So it is not the LED technology itself which is failing here.

Fulltopper    0

@CM: is there now a version available that works for more than some weeks without LEDs dying? Maybe even has the potential to work for years?

Btw, the average warranty for LED lightbulbs is 4 years, so not sure what the :) is going on here.

Shasdo    0

Just to Let people know my situation and how the CM Quickfire Rapid-I Led reliabily is a mess.

I bought a Rapid-i  early january and a LED died 2 month after that.

My seller replace it (March) and now my second Rapid-I has a dead LED. 

MTBF=3 months

This is actually sad because I love the look and feel of this keyboard but I obviously can't keep a product that will inevitably fail again and again even though I get each time a new one and so until my warranty is over.

I am trying this time to get it completly refund  and I will never come back.

This is the first CM product I buy and this is probably the last.

Good luck for to the others buyers, you will need it.

I too, bought my Rapid-i last december. To date, i have RMA'd my keyboard 3 times for faulty LED. Rapid-i either has really bad leds, or i have no luck at all. They should really do something about it.

Update! 1 of my LEDs just died on me yet again. Having to RMA my keyboard once again, this will set my RMA count to 4 times. So far the longest my keyboard have lasted without a hitch is 5 months. From my understanding, according to moderator CM Bram, they have addressed the LED "issue". As I'm residing in Singapore, I'd like to know if the new batch of Rapid-i's are available in my region.

Also, to anyone who might stumble onto this forum while researching whether to get one for themselves, I suggest thinking twice. At least until it is confirmed that the LEDs are improved. If not for the broken LEDs, Rapid-i is a great keyboard to own.

Creator    2

To the people that have been RMA-ing their KB for a few times now: just stop doing that. It's clear that the seller has a "bad" batch. You'd be better off if you wait a year or so for RMA, maybe by then the current stock is 0.

ALso, I don't think Cooler Master is going to release a model number for the "good" version, as much as I'd like to. They wouldn't want people to stop buying from places where that model hasn't reached yet.

Fulltopper    0

I don't think Cooler Master is going to release a model number for the "good" version, as much as I'd like to. 

Which is  a pretty rotten thing to do.

Also, now that I know about this problem I won't risk buying it, but if they told us which batch is "safe" then I would buy it.

Shasdo    0

Just for the records,

Since my seller doesn't want to refund me and keep sending me a new keyboard each time, I received my 3rd CM Quickfire Rapid-I 3 weeks ago.

My "F11" and "W" key are already dimmed.

Really!?