Davidoff82

Looking for CM 690 replacement power button

Davidoff82    0

Hi,

I have a Cooler Master CM690 case (1st generation), and the plastic power/reset button is broken.

It's a silver-coloured button on the corder of the case.

In the past, I had found replacement part no. 810009010-GP for this, but I cannot find where this can be ordered.

I have emailed Cooler Master support, received automated replies with case numbers, but nothing else.

WHen trying to register the case, the system could not find my serial number and I would be contacted by someone of Cooler Master, but I have not heard anything since.

I would like to obtain/buy a simple small replacement part, but it seems to be something difficult to get done.

It would be good to have the case back in it's original state, because it is still one of the better cases I have had.

Regards,

Dave

knud    129

Your best bet is to contact the CM parts shop - details can be found in my signature below - and see if they still have that part somewhere.

That doesn't really work. Apparently they discontinued the CM690 for something called the CM 690 II and the picture doesn't show the power buttons on the front panel. Pretty abysmal service if you ask me.  I would be happy to pay the same price for the full front panel of a CM 690 for having a usable reset button.

That doesn't really work. Apparently they discontinued the CM690 for something called the CM 690 II and the picture doesn't show the power buttons on the front panel. Pretty abysmal service if you ask me.  I would be happy to pay the same price for the full front panel of a CM 690 for having a usable reset button.

You can change the reset button to others. Like mine(other CM case BTW) are having problem with the power button, I just set it to auto start when ever I power on the main power supply.

That's because the reset button also can't be used. I swapped it earlier.