akula2

4790k/5960X; Nepton 120XL and 240M

akula2    0

Hello,

My first thread on this forum.

My previous experience with 140XL and 280L isn't great when it comes to fan noise part at high loads. I'm very happy with cooling performance of 140XL and 280L coolers in many Z97 workstation builds. About noise issue, I shall post it as a new thread soon. 

Now, I intend to build a few more machines in the upcoming holiday season. Considering the new Silencio models, are these combinations great to go for from low fan noise perspective?

1) 120XL with 4790K (one Gaming machine)

2) 240M with 5960X (five X99 extreme workstation builds).

Thank you.

Pclinde    197

Hi Akula,

The Nepton 240M features:

• 2* Silencio FP 120 fans (High Air Pressure and low noise)

It's a great choice for both peformance and low fan noise.

Cheers, Pim

akula2    0

Thank you for responding, Pim.

The Nepton140XL deliver great cooling, but fell short on fan noise. I'm concerned with fan noise at high loads in case of 120XL.

Do you have dB charts of these new coolers? I'll make a decision by this weekend.

akula2    0

Thanks for responding, knud.

Trust me, I've great expectations on those new Silencio stock fans. I divided my builds in this manner:

1) 5960x +  240M + Asus or Asrock Workstation board

2) Xeon E5 v3 +  ??? + Asus X99-E Workstation board

In case of (1), I'll most likely go with buying five 240M coolers.

In case of (2), I'm evaluating some other hardware. Anyway if 240M does sound cool, I'll go for five more 240M coolers. Else, I'll opt for Swiftech H240-X coolers for Xeon builds.

All those ten builds must have low noise because they'll churn heavy loads and long hours each week. It's a controlled lab environment, hence cooling isn't an issue.

Pclinde    197

Thanks for responding, knud.

Trust me, I've great expectations on those new Silencio stock fans. I divided my builds in this manner:

1) 5960x +  240M + Asus or Asrock Workstation board

2) Xeon E5 v3 +  ??? + Asus X99-E Workstation board

In case of (1), I'll most likely go with buying five 240M coolers.

In case of (2), I'm evaluating some other hardware. Anyway if 240M does sound cool, I'll go for five more 240M coolers. Else, I'll opt for Swiftech H240-X coolers for Xeon builds.

All those ten builds must have low noise because they'll churn heavy loads and long hours each week. It's a controlled lab environment, hence cooling isn't an issue.

Trust me: you won't be disappointed with the Nepton 240M. :) 

CM Patrick    34

Thank you for responding, Pim.

The Nepton140XL deliver great cooling, but fell short on fan noise. I'm concerned with fan noise at high loads in case of 120XL.

Do you have dB charts of these new coolers? I'll make a decision by this weekend.

Hello Akula2,

I responded to your other questions in the survey thread here.

http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/11845-cooler-master-reasons-for-returns/

Also the fans that come with the Nepton 120XL and 240M produce 6.5-27 dBA depending on the RPM.

http://us.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/nepton-120xl.html

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support