nik69

CMSTORM Trigger Problem

Rex Sison    0

Bump for this thread, as I am getting the exact same problem as well. I cannot login with the keys bugged out. What's more sad is my board is out of warranty. I cannot remember anything I did to trigger this issue. I hope we could get a fix on this.

and oh btw I tried Martin's fix but to no avail. :(

Rex Sison    0

Also, is this a known issue already? Whilst searching for solutions on the Internet I have stumbled around lots of people having the same problem... Lucky for them that their Board controllers went bad early so that they could RMA it. It sucks for me because the problem showed up much later. I am a big fan of CoolerMaster/CM Storm products. I hope someone would assist me/us on this. Thanks!

MattyK    0

I have this same issue. Copying/creating new profile didn't work.

Keys do work when Trigger app is open - it seems to put the keyboard in native USB mode or something - but the mappings are all crazy (2=CAPSLOCK, X=tilda etc)

The lights behind the keys don't come on (but that might just be because I can't figure out which one is the Storm key and which one is F4 which is the combo to change the lights mode.

My keyboard is out of warranty so I opened it up to see if there was a CMOS battery/reset switch/jumper - no luck.

I also have another keyboard which is identical - I tried saving the profile from that into the PC RAM slot, but when I connected the faulty keyboard, that profile wasn't available to then copy over.

I've seen someone post that tilda+Storm is a reset, and that certainly seems to work on my working keyboard, so I'm going to keep experimenting to see if I can figure out which key is Storm on the "crazy" layout. I have tilda already - it's X.

There are no manuals for these keyboards, and the keyboards don't seem to work, my guess is that Coolermaster made a product that simply don't work, making a manual don't make sense a then as they can get blamed for making a faulty product and it would cost money, now they can just say the customers are idiots. Instead of losing money having made a crap product, for it's advertised use, does work well as a normal keyboard, and because of this they count on few returns(warranty had also expired when I bought it). I seriously doubt I will ever buy a Coolermaster product after this, like I haven't bought Nvidia, Seagate or Creative(soundcards) for more than 10 years now, this because they didn't bother trying to fix, admit there are problems and blame the problem on someone else.

I suggest that people who are troubled with these keyboards(or any Coolermaster products) not to use this company again, at least until they change their attitude, this is the only way change how companies act. 

My guess that this thread will be locked and my comment deleted, but my real hope is that Coolermaster do something,

Hi all , i have the same problem with my trigger ,after downloading from the main page ,the trigger reset tool and used it ,nothing work 's ,just the light of num,caps and scr ,but it' s blocked , and i am out of garanty ...why they put a soft like this if there is a problem to use it .it is my last cooler master product for me .

Ps: at the begining of using it many keyboard caps disapear :glasses2: 

Alex Silva    0

For the people who had the same problem and found this topic in 2017 in a desperate attempt to fix this issue, here is the definitive solution:

1 - Go to the product page: http://us.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/gaming/trigger/trigger.html

2 - In the "Download" section, download "Trigger Reset Tool".

3 - Run the application and it will reset all your profiles, macros, etc...

4 - Your keyboard should be good as new again. ;)

Edited by Alex Silva