• Announcements

• CM Nick

AM4 Socket Support   04/24/2017

Due to technical issues, the topic on "AM4 Socket Support" has disappeared. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we are trying our best to have this topic back up as soon as possible.   As we read in the topic, there is a lot of discussion going on when the new brackets will be arriving. We can tell you now that the brackets will be ready for pre-order on our CM Store EU tomorrow and will be ready for shipment around the 16th of May.   You can continue the discussion in this newly created topic:     
McFlyer

Seidon 120v Blue Light

McFlyer    0

I've recently installed a 120v on an I7 4770, fan and pump are run off motherboard (Asus MaxVIIGene)  CPU headers.  Initially the blue neon on the pump was working, now its not.  The fan  works fine and according to the AI Suite, the pump is running at 800 - 1000 in normal mode.  CPU temp is 29 - 38 on idle, VRM slighter higher.

Is there a problem with the pump or is the neon just dead?  Help or suggestions please.

world    84

It sounds like there might  be a problem with the light on the unit, since the pump seems to be working, but first, a couple questions :)

Do you hear any grinding sounds from the pump?

Also, did you lower the voltage on the CPU header for the pump to get the pump to spin slower?

McFlyer    0

I have the pump connected to the CPU Opt header on the motherboard, the fan is connected to the CPU Fan header.  ASUS AI Suite 3 is currently reporting the pump at 560-780 rpm and the fan at a constant 1305 rpm. I have made no changes to the voltage unless the AI3 Fan Expert has changed something during setup.

There are no grinding noises from the pump.

world    84

The fan expert is probably a software fan controller, so is there any way to disable that and have the pump run at full speed? This way we can see if voltage is somehow affecting the LED light. If at full speed the LED still does not turn on, you might have to contact support for a replacement (unless you're fine with having no light)

rdv000214    0

you should set the pump speed to highest (maximum - 12v) it wont make any noise. Try to set it in bios setting and see if the low voltage affects the LED light. My pump is set at full speed and I can't hear it