Pclinde    197

17rc4l.png

WINDOWS 7, 8 & 8.1

> QuickFire Rapid-i doesn't start on boot

Note: BIOS settings, options and choice of words can be different.

Test platform: GA-Z97X-SOC Force (Z97 - LGA1150 - H3) + i7 4790K - BIOS Settings: Optimized Defaults.

• Please ensure that you have enabled USB legacy or USB legacy devices in the BIOS.
  • Try connecting the Rapid-i to a different USB port (both USB 2.0 and 3.0). Make sure you reboot the computer or laptop for test purpose.
  • Uninstall Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver (also known as Intel USB 3.0 Driver). You can verify that uninstallation is complete if the computer or laptop starts searching for available USB devices. Make sure you reboot the computer or laptop after this process. Some devices might not work after a reboot, replug the USB connector(s). If all devices are set, shut down the computer or laptop. Now boot the computer or laptop (hopefully the Rapid-i boots succesfully now). Note: USB 3.0 devices might be operating at a Lower Speed.

[under construction- Testing]

Francesco    2

Not working on my config, the keyboard still  randomly not recognized, tested on other two motherboards with same result, obteined a new one keynboard  from RMA and always same issue, please fix this shame problem by provide a new firmware

motherboard tested:

intel: dz77ga-70k

Gigabyte: ga-z77X-Ud3H

intel: DZZ87KLT-75K

Pclinde    197

Not working on my config, the keyboard still  randomly not recognized, tested on other two motherboards with same result, obteined a new one keynboard  from RMA and always same issue, please fix this shame problem by provide a new firmware

motherboard tested:

intel: dz77ga-70k

Gigabyte: ga-z77X-Ud3H

intel: DZZ87KLT-75K

For the ga-z77X-Ud3H have you uninstalled the VIA or Intel USB 3.0 driver? (Double checking). Because this solution works for me. Please make sure that you've tried all the solutions.

tolga9009    4

Hi CM Pim,

Test platform: Windows 8.1 (latest updates installed as of 6th Nov. 2014) - ASUS P8C WS (Intel C216 Chipset - LGA1155) + Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 - BIOS Settings: Optimized defaults with changes to RAM XMP profile settings and disabling Network boot.

Confirmed: USB Legacy support and USB 3.0 Legacy support are both enabled.

Tried connecting the Rapid-I on both, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports. No differencies.

I've not installed any USB related driver, therefore couldn't find a USB / USB 3.0 related driver in Windows' built-in software manager. So I think you're referring to "Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" in Device Manager. I've uninstalled it, rebooted several times. After the 6th reboot, the keyboard was again in a non-functional state. So, if it really was the entry in Windows' device manager, it doesn't solve it for me.

Cheers,

Tolga

PS.: can you offer me an alternative product as a replacement? I'm perfectly fine with the less-costing, non-backlit, good old Quickfire Rapid. I don't care whether US, UK or German Layout. I just want to end this nightmare with the Rapid-I. I'm living in Germany. If you're unable to start this process, please tell me, who I can contact for such a replacement (or refund).

Francesco    2

yes already done all your advices and the keyboard  still have the issue it can appear also afther a day or an hour buut still there, the keyboard still not reconized sometimes.

This is the only one Keyboard on all over the world that need to unistall all usb3 drivers and disable EXHC from bios to not work properly   anyway!

Please we need a real fix, quickly!

Pclinde    197

Is there stepped CAPS LOCK keycap for Rapid-i?

It doesn't come with a stepped CAPS LOCK. But you can buy a custom cap. :)

Pclinde    197

Hello everyone,

I am very happy to announce Firmware v119. We have teamed up with motherboard manufacturers to solve the 'No Boot- startup problems'.

Download the latest Firmware today:

Version: Firmware V.119 (EU ISO layouts, 88 Keys)

Release Date 2014-12-04

Language English

File Size 1.32 MB

Description 88 keys; for language layouts of DE,FR,GR,IT,ND,SB,SP,TR,UK

Download http://assets.coolermaster.com/gaming/download/keyboards/quickfire-rapid-i/rapid-i-firmware-pack-v119-uk.zip

Version: Firmware V.119 (US ANSI layouts, 87 keys)

Release Date 2014-12-04

Language Multi languages support

File Size 1.32 MB

Description 87 keys; for language layouts of AF,RU.TA,TC,US,UI,CZ,SK

Download http://assets.coolermaster.com/gaming/download/keyboards/quickfire-rapid-i/rapid-i-firmware-pack-v119-us.zip

Also I would like to thank everyone for reporting the problem. We really appreciate it! Now go go go! 'Update your QuickFire Rapid-i Disco board. :D

Cheers, Pim

• Upvote 1

CREATER    0

It doesn't come with a stepped CAPS LOCK. But you can buy a custom cap. :)

Ok, where can I buy CAPS LOCK with such quality? Is there official store with it?

I'm not having issues with starting at boot here anymore. But, I'm having a light problem.

The top row buttons from (ESC to PAUSE REC) are a bit lit up, even thought I'm turning the light mode off.

F2 button is not, and it's flickering. PRT SC button is also lit up without me activating the button.

I just got the keyboard, and I'm loving it. Didn't have any issues at the beginning, except I wasn't starting on boot.

Don't want to return, but will if I have to.