Jeremy DeLong

Cooler Master Reasons for Returns

akula2    0

Hello,

I didn't take part in the survery because I didn't return any product.

A few months ago, I bought many Nepton 140XL and 280L coolers meant for high-end Z97 workstation builds used for Scientific and Engineering applications. Those coolers work great when it comes to keeping temperatures to minimum. 

Main issue: stock fan noise at high-loads in lab environment. This results in distraction and annoyance to my employees.

Solution I'm looking: to replace a few dozens of those 140mm stock fans, but with which fans? I know this will incur some expenditure, say a min. of:

30 x $15 = $450

Nevertheless, it's really worth not to look at that additional spending. Could someone help on suggesting alternative fan models from Cougar, Noctua, Bitfenix or Scythe or whichever quiestest model?

Note: I hope this fan noise issue doesn't exist in the latest 120XL and 240M Neptons. I'll be building 6 more machines during the holiday season.

CM Patrick    34

Hello,

I didn't take part in the survery because I didn't return any product.

A few months ago, I bought many Nepton 140XL and 280L coolers meant for high-end Z97 workstation builds used for Scientific and Engineering applications. Those coolers work great when it comes to keeping temperatures to minimum. 

Main issue: stock fan noise at high-loads in lab environment. This results in distraction and annoyance to my employees.

Solution I'm looking: to replace a few dozens of those 140mm stock fans, but with which fans? I know this will incur some expenditure, say a min. of:

30 x $15 = $450

Nevertheless, it's really worth not to look at that additional spending. Could someone help on suggesting alternative fan models from Cougar, Noctua, Bitfenix or Scythe or whichever quiestest model?

Note: I hope this fan noise issue doesn't exist in the latest 120XL and 240M Neptons. I'll be building 6 more machines during the holiday season.

Hello Akula2,

I apologize for the Nepton 140mm fans being too noisy for you. Please understand that these are high performance fans that push 122.5 CFM. Also note that CFM will be relative to the dBa levels that the fan produces. Most fans that will have lower dBa will also produce a much lower CFM then the Jetflo 140mm fans.

Since the Jetflo 140mm fans are PWM, I would suggest decreasing the RPM of the fans via BIOS. This will be the easiest and cheapest solution for you.

We have not received the Nepton 120XL/240M fans yet but they should be available on our CM Store once they arrive.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

akula2    0

Hello Patrick,

I appreciate your response.

I tried some combinations to keep noise to bearable level by using Fan Xpert 3 in Asus boards. Below 50% load, noise seems to be OK but beyond that not pleasant for employees. I reckon all 140XL and 280L stock fans needs to be replaced. 

But which make I don't know yet. I mean, hardly any time or product availability to do this small case study. If the new 120XL and 240M coolers sound great, and if CM starts selling 140mm Silencio fans, I'll buy fans to resolve the noise issue.

However, I don't know when CM would start selling them...

Thanks & Regards,

akula2

Patrick    1

Hello CMUSA Support,

My reason of trying to replace the Glacer 240L which I bought from Amazon is because the waterpump died within 2 days of usage after installation. I have been trying to find a way to RMA it but I couldn't register the Glacer 240L in the Cooler Master eRMA. Ticket was opened but closed by system without replies on how I can proceed to send this Glacer 240L for RMA. 

Closed Ticket ID : 00053486

New Ticket ID : 00054409

It is disappointing that of all the products I have from cooler master, the quality of service and product for Glacer 240L is appalling.

Regards,

Patrick  

Updated 12-Dec : CM Support responded to both my new and closed tickets. They have been providing great help on assisting me to RMA the broken water pump. I sincerely apologize for my negative comments on their after sale service and thankful for all their patience and effort in this matter.

• Upvote 1

CM Patrick    34

Hello CMUSA Support,

My reason of trying to replace the Glacer 240L which I bought from Amazon is because the waterpump died within 2 days of usage after installation. I have been trying to find a way to RMA it but I couldn't register the Glacer 240L in the Cooler Master eRMA. Ticket was opened but closed by system without replies on how I can proceed to send this Glacer 240L for RMA. 

Closed Ticket ID : 00053486

New Ticket ID : 00054409

It is disappointing that of all the products I have from cooler master, the quality of service and product for Glacer 240L is appalling.

Regards,

Patrick  

Hello Patrick,

I do apologize for the trouble with the Glacer 240L. I am unsure why you are  unhappy with our customer service as i do see that our APAC/ROW team replied to your ticket within 9 hours of submission.

I see that you are located in Malaysia. Did you purchase the Glacer 240L from the United States?

The serial number issue has been fixed so the product is now able to be registered.

I will continue to respond to your ticket 00053486

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

So is it common practice to delete customer parts requests and authorize an RMA that a customer did not request? Next time just send the parts out if someone requests them with a legitimate reason.

Update: Coolermaster sent out a replacement fan.

I recently have had to get a rma for my glacer 240L aswell. the pump became extreamly noisy. How ever I found the customer service to be excellent, they are preshipping me a replacement cooler as we speak, hopefully mine will keep going until it arrives, I have had the pump since july 2013 so about 6 months since I bought it. I know most people don't say anything in posts until something breaks, as well known a brand as cm is I cant believe they all have pump issues.. at least I hope not lol... but I did want to mention the tech was very good, he had me record a short audio of the pump on my phone and upload it to him, told me the pump was bad and did a rma on the spot for it. all and all at least so far I have been very happy with cm customer service, and good cs will keep people coming back to buy from yall more.. I run a 6 core i7 5820k cpu and my cpu even with the pump going wonky is at a nice 32 c... under a load I don't think i've seen it go over 50 c yet. all and all a good product and as long as the new pump has a longer life span then I will be thrilled. but you asked for why we rma the pumps I rma because the pump is going bad. but I did want to let you know how good the cs I received so far with yall has been. and its been very good

Just submitted my response to the survey, loved the Seidon 120V, however hate that it's water-pump went bad after 5 months : /. Have heard other reports of the same issue sadly, so now I'm a little worried the RMA might die after a bit too, but I'll give it a shot before trying the Corsair H100i I have sitting here new in box as a back-up.