MrManFam

How can I determine how many Watts are in my Power Supply from Cooler Master?

MrManFam    0

Product Number RS-500-PCAR-A3?

The label is confusing, I want to buy a new graphics card that requires the power supply be 500 watts or more.

Thanks.

MrManFam    0

No that is not the same. Yours is PCAR-D3

Mine is PCAR-A3

RS-500-PCAR-A3

If you Google it you will come upon an article saying that, although the number "500" is on the unit, it does NOT read "500 WATTS" because it's not. I want to upgrade my graphics card and the wattage is critical to me.

MrManFam    0

The moral of the story is, I better stay away from attempting to mess with this stuff. The computer was made in 2009. I was getting a daily BSOD without doing anything on the system (Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit), i.e., just sitting idle at the "User Selection" screen. Even though game play was fine, Microsoft Telephone Tech Support told me the crashes were caused by a malfunctioning graphics card. Every replacement card I looked at required more power then what I have.

HOWEVER, it's been about three years since the tower was opened and cleaned and, since I had to open the tower to find the specs of my power supply, I vacuumed and cleaned out the internal components. There didn't appear to be a lot of dust yet, in the four days since I've cleaned it out, I havent seen the BSOD even once. It used to be a daily event, remember.

So I'll wait to see how things go, I'll wait until things get worse, then I'll buy a new computer.

Thanks for the help.

Pclinde    197

Hi MrManFam,

One tip: do not clean your PC with a vacuum cleaner, it creates a large amount of static. I would recommend compressed air (compressor).

Cheers, Pim