x5-pilot

High pitch whine on 280L - Help!

x5-pilot    0

Recently I set about making my system ultra quiet - new PSU, new GPU etc...

As part of this solution I also installed a Nepton 280L AIO unit - its installed into a Silverstone FT05 which fits quite well at the bottom of the case.

Eveything is working great and the system is ultra quiet except for one thing - there is a constant whine from what I suspect is the pump/motor... This whine is actually giving me a headache and I guess I wouldnt normally hear if the rest of the system wasnt so quiet but I do and I'm contemplating returning the whole AIO unit for another brand.

Obviously I thought I'd check here to see if anyone might know or suggest something I could check?

Thanks in advance guys for any help!

RIG: x99, Intel 5820K, Superflower Leadex 650W , Nepton280L

Sunday Morning    177

Hi

i just copy and paste from our previous page

Please connect both Jetflo fans to CPU Fan 1 and CPU Fan 2 since these two headers are usually linked in bios. Then connect the pump to any 3 pin header on the motherboard. This should allow you to adjust both fans at the same time without interfering with  the Pump RPM.

if not try reinstall your Nepton and install and pluged with correctly :) and try see how much the difference

if you have problem with the installation u can refer this link :

You can check our previous page : http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/10787-official-nepton-owners-club/

and this : http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/11690-noisy-coolermaster-nepton-280l/

trying to help you :)

Edited : You can connect any 3 pin connector to a 4 pin header and it will still function the same.This is not an issue. :)

Note* During installation Dont tighten the Screw or Bolt too much :D

x5-pilot    0

None of these steps worked - the videos are nothing more than a product demo in my opinion (I watched these prior to buying the 280L)

I'm starting to think the pump/motor is defective as no matter what I try the high pitch whine is still there.

Regarding the headers, the fans/cpu block use 4pin headers (although only 3pins are used) so they connect stratight to my motherboard 4pin header (Asus X99S)

knud    129

You say the radiator is installed on the bottom of the case. That means the pump/cpu block is above the radiator.

This is normally not recommended as the pump might not get enough water and therefore starting to make noise.

For testing purpose: Can you mount/install/place the radiator above the pump and check if the noise is gone?

• Upvote 1

x5-pilot    0

You say the radiator is installed on the bottom of the case. That means the pump/cpu block is above the radiator.

This is normally not recommended as the pump might not get enough water and therefore starting to make noise.

For testing purpose: Can you mount/install/place the radiator above the pump and check if the noise is gone?

Thanks for your suggestion and at first I thought you may have a point however I do believe that there is not an unreasonable amount of distance for the water to get to from the fans/reservoir located at the bottom to the pump 15cm up.

That said I did try placing my mid-tower flat and upside down to simulate a raised and flat configuration.

Unfortunately to no success.

Im wondering if there maybe some kind of power setting that can be tweaked in the bios or through the board?

The motherboard is an all singing all dancing unit with fan/cpu fans set to auto.

knud    129

Can you set the pump to a fixed speed? Not sure if you connected it a PWM header, but for pumps it's better to have it a fixed setting/voltage.