• Announcements

• CM Nick

AM4 Socket Support   04/24/2017

Due to technical issues, the topic on "AM4 Socket Support" has disappeared. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we are trying our best to have this topic back up as soon as possible.   As we read in the topic, there is a lot of discussion going on when the new brackets will be arriving. We can tell you now that the brackets will be ready for pre-order on our CM Store EU tomorrow and will be ready for shipment around the 16th of May.   You can continue the discussion in this newly created topic:     
evan7899

CM Storm Devastator Software?

22 posts in this topic

I recently just bought the CM Storm Devastator and I noticed that there is no software to go along with it to change the DPI, etc. Am I missing something or is there no software. 

P.S. I mentioned changing the DPI, how do you do that? 

I don't think there is software. Have you tried the button in the middle of the mouse for changing DPI? (The one with a mouse cursor-looking icon on it)

There is no software available for the CM Storm Devastator. It's plug & play. :D

Like world mentioned: you can switch the DPI with the DPI-button, located on the top of the mice.

The volume buttons work OK, but how do I get the video stop/pause/play etc. buttons working?  Windows 7 just loads the basic drivers for a HID keyboard device.

The volume buttons work OK, but how do I get the video stop/pause/play etc. buttons working?  Windows 7 just loads the basic drivers for a HID keyboard device.

They should work. (Try media player, VLC or Spotify).

I have just tried the video buttons again (with Windows Media Player and VLC) and they work perfectly!  Not sure why they didn't work before; finger trouble or perhaps I hadn't rebooted after installing the keyboard or something?

Anyway, all working OK now, thank you.

I have just tried the video buttons again (with Windows Media Player and VLC) and they work perfectly!  Not sure why they didn't work before; finger trouble or perhaps I hadn't rebooted after installing the keyboard or something?

Anyway, all working OK now, thank you.

Great news! Thanks for the update.

B/rgds, Pim

I have no media functions as well, no start, stop, play, volume control, no software for this keyboard or mouse is BS, If I knew that I'd be using a third party program to remap my buttons I would have just bought another Logitech for an extra $10.

I would not consider this board or mouse to be meantioned as gamming devices without the small addition of a program that is attached to them to give the buyers at least some control over their devices, I guess I'll just use Logitech drivers on them and use their programs to controll some aspects of the mouse buttons. Those are the little things that set the leaders apart from the rest. I can use their program but I can't use your own program made for another similar mouse? How can this be? I would expect to be able to use the features that are available on both mice the same way and just not have acess to the parts that do not apply to my mouse, but to block the program from being used on this set up completely is just stupid.

On top of it all if the mouse is not set for the highest dpi it simply will not function properly, I keep making sure to not hit the button that changes it, I'm looking at disconnecting the button to keep it from changing. So the 1 setting I can control is just useless and causes it to not work correctly if it's changed! Nice.

Thought I'd try 1 more time to see if anyone has finally made a program (or bought rights to program that will be associted with) to gain some control over the buttons and key assignments to solve these problems, now that I see there will not be anything, I will be selling this set up and moving on to a more managable set, also something that is less bulky and has no sharp edges with symetrical mouse for both right & left hand operations.

I'm not a gammer but I use both mouse and keyboard quite a bit for image programs and setting up online sales. Other than the control issues for the permanent set back and forward buttons and the DPi settings button I would say the mouse is OK, not great, if the keyboard was not backlit, I would not be using it, keys feel hollow and cannot tell if I pushed them completely but at the same time if I'm a tiny bit off the edge it will always register the key next to it before the key I'm pressing?

My mistake on noticing this set up when I was out buying at a BrickNMortor, should have looked on line first.

Hello I am having a urgent problem...

I bought the Cooler master devistator kit and the keyboard does not work for some reason. The mouse works fine but when I try to press backspace or anyother button all it does is it spazzes around. Random buttons get clicked and I cant get past the log in screen. It also sometimes shuts down/sleeps my computer. I am using windows vista and my computer is a Dell Inspiron 530. It is highly upgraded with a GeForce GT610 and a Corsair CX600. I really need help please get back to me.

Email is Jarrettschoenfeldt@gmail.com Thank you

Recently I got a computer package for christmas that came with a cm storm devastator keyboard and mouse. Everything was working great for the past month, but then tonight for what ever reason, the keyboard just stopped working. No backlight, no keys working, and I did restart my computer and try to unplug it and stuff. The mouse is fine and it works in the same USB slot as the keyboard was plugged into. 

Any suggestions?