Baruch

Help choosing a case

Baruch    0

Hello everyone,

I'm planning a PC build I will be using primarily for gaming, but I'm not so sure which case I should buy.
Unfortunately the room in which the PC is going to be placed in tends to heat up fairly easily, so I'm looking for a well ventilated model.

The case I'm considering at this moment is the Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Windowed Version.
290_629225ae7cba3a6656915776a22e4bf1_136

Another concern of mine is if my build (primarily PSU & GPU) will actually fit inside that case, and how well will I be able to cool my CPU with a larger fan or liquid cooling solutions.

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-X99 Gaming 5.

GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 Gaming.

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K.

PSU: Cooler Master V850.

RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz.

SSD: Crucial M550 (M550SSD1) 128GB.

HDD: Either Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB or Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TBI'm leaning towards the Green. (Input on choosing one over the other is highly appreciated!)

I will be very happy if you could also suggest me an aftermarket set of fans for the case itself and some sort of cooling solution for the CPU that would fit the build.  :D 
I don't  think I will need additional cooling for the GPU as the Gigabyte G1 has pretty good cooling.

Thanks in advance!

world    84

Nice components! :) I'm jealous :P

In order to fit that GPU in the case, you would need to remove one of the harddrive cages, so you  need to keep that in mind for future upgrades. The PSU should fit with no issues.

In my opinion though, since you're getting such a nice set of parts, I would go for a fancier case, like the CM690III or Cosmos SE if you wanted to stick with mid-towers. Both the CM690III and Cosmos SE, while not HAF models, have great air flow. 

For fans, if you have some sort of controller (or just plug into your motherboard for that), you could try using Jetflo fans. Jetflo fans do come with silent mode adapters though, so you could always use that to lower the speed instead of a controller. I wouldn't recommend running Jetflo fans on max all the time though-- their high RPM generates quite a bit of noise for running constantly :P I like the look of Jetflo fans, and they work great for quiet case fans if you can turn down the RPM. If you want a more standard set of case fans, you could try the BC series of case fans.

http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Lines/case-fan/

For CPU cooler, do you want water cooling, or do you want an air cooler? I would recommend getting a Nepton series cooler since you have a really powerful CPU that will probably overclock nicely :)

Hope this helps a bit :)

• Upvote 1

Baruch    0

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will not be upgrading past a 1 HDD and 1 SSD setup, so I guess I'm fine in that aspect. 

Now, the Cosmos SE seems to be very expensive where I live. The cheapest I found was 3-4 times the price of the HAF 912 and CM690 III. The CM690 III looks really awesome and is actually the same price of the HAF 912, but is there any reason to pay extra for the Cosmos SE? I don't really care for the bling effect.

Thanks for the suggestion for the CPU cooler and the case fans :D I indeed want to install a liquid cooler for the CPU and will definitely look into the Nepton 280L CPU cooler.

Sunday Morning    177

i agreeee with world

Cosmos SE And Nepton 280L is the peeerfect choice AND perfect combination for you rig :)

and for CM 690 III is NOT compatible with the Nepton 280L because the official site recommendation us : http://www.coolermas...0-series/cm693/

Bro you have Nice components! and  I'm realllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy jealous :P

Anyway .. tQ for choosing Cooler Master for you Rig :)

knud    129

Both HAF XM and HAF XB can fit the 280L.

Just one small note with the XM: The tubing will need to face towards the ODD area.

• Upvote 1

Baruch    0

get a WD black....more cache.

Hi saipan :) 

The WD Black has 64MB. Doesn't this Green model (WD10EZRX) have 64MB cache as well? 

as for the 280 nepton someone posted a pic they had to add a washer or 2 for the screws when using a hafx.

http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/10882-installing-the-nepton-280l-with-an-incompatible-haf-x-942/

scroll down to diamond photo

Also, I was referring the the Mid Tower HAF XM, which seems to be officially compatible with the Nepton 280L.

Sunday Morning    177

As i know .. for the good performance .. get the WD black :P

- WD Black is a 7200rpm drive and is the fastest. (Black for Games, programs and storage.....)
- WD Green is a slower general purpose 5900rpm drive usually used for storage.(The Green drives are made as energy efficient drives, and are intended as storage drive)
- WD Red are made for use in NAS servers.(The Red drives are built specifically for NAS use, and are not recommended for any other type of usage.)

I would choose the WD Black as it is the fastest of the bunch.

Edited : for the case if me i will choose cosmos se cm trooper , stryker or cm 690 III :)