Bearra

Nepton 280L Rattling/Ticking

Bearra    0

I have just been reading about issues with some 120 coolers but have not seen anything about it for the 280. The rattling is SERIOUSLY driving me mental, starting to regret swapping my H100 now which was faultless. Bought Cooler master as my case is awesome quality and I thought this would be the same.

Any ideas?

Any help?

Anyone please save my sanity.

thanks

Bearra    0

thanks for the reply. I first thought that but have tried fans on their own and they are fine. Just recorded it on iphone which help easily identify the pump with the screen indicator. Have attached the audio, sounds like a 90's hard drive about to die.

Nepton 280L.mp3

world    84

I'm in class so I can't listen to your mp3 just yet, but from your description, it seems that the sound is a type of loud clicking noise, right?

If it is, my guess would be that it's the pump. How are your temperatures?

I would recommend contacting support with your issue if you could. 

Bearra    0

Spent hours removing it wiggling it in case of traped air but no luck, have arranged to return. Just for anyone else's reference another sign was the temps. 3c hotter at idle and 15c hotter under load than H100. Think I will look at custom loop instead, thanks for listening though

world    84

Yea, it sounds like the pump may have been problematic :(

Sorry that you ran into those issues, and thanks for the follow up

But, nothing beats custom loop thumbsup.gif

vicnexx    0

same problem here with the same sound but the sound disapear at 50% of power in the pump u call support? or u change the liquid cooler?

nemanjas    0

Let me update you on the issue.

Finnaly I was so anoyed with pump ratling I decided to mount it somehow different hopping sound will disapear.

Well it didn't , it just got worse, so I tried putting my HAF-X in different possitions to try to get air bubble out (it was my understanding that air bubble is creating that noise).

After few different possitions with no success  I changed pump speed from 60% to 100% and woala, noise disapeared. So after some more playing it turns out that pump will make that noise if not on 100%.

Maybe this can help someone.

Pclinde    197

Let me update you on the issue.

Finnaly I was so anoyed with pump ratling I decided to mount it somehow different hopping sound will disapear.

Well it didn't , it just got worse, so I tried putting my HAF-X in different possitions to try to get air bubble out (it was my understanding that air bubble is creating that noise).

After few different possitions with no success  I changed pump speed from 60% to 100% and woala, noise disapeared. So after some more playing it turns out that pump will make that noise if not on 100%.

Maybe this can help someone.

Hi Nemanjas,

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers, Pim