True Blue    0

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping there would be a way to do this with another keystroke or by tweaking something within Excel or the Windows Keyboard properties. I'm very hesitant to download and run an unknown executable from a stranger's Google drive. Even with good virus protection, I've seen this type of activity cause problems more times than I can count. If there's not a way I can do this myself (without running unknown code on my computer), I guess I'll have to get used to working in Excel without the arrow keys. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd very much appreciate them. Thanks again.

ctsonhcm    0

Hi True Blue.

There're no way to tweaking something with Excel or Windows keyboard. You have 3 option:

1. Using script software:

Forum:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/2qvom3/scroll_lock_triggers_my_keyboards_led_back_light/

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/9587-keyboard-led-control-capslocknumlockscrolllock-lights/

My source code: http://pastebin.com/7hg3HGm2

In my video, i build to execute file for easy use. If you don't trust this, you can follow instrusion in forums.

2. Mod hardware: You can try this http://atinyhedgehog.za.net/2014/12/cm-storm-devastator-keyboard-mod/.

But you can do it with small switch to turn ON/OFF led backlight, don't need complicated like this mod.

3. Buy a new keyboard.

paul5473    0

Hi,

i just bought this bundle about 2 days ago and i have just noticed that my keyboard back light is dimming and then going bright like it is not receiving enough power.

Has any one else has the problem? if so how can i fix this issue?

Jv Barzaga    0

I'm having the same issue Paul, back light flickers for a few seconds most of the time. I'll be sending it back to the store as I'm also having problems with the mouse. 

I got this weird problem on my devastator keyboard. It works fine and all but when I started to play games my monitor turns off and my PC will sleep. I have to wait for about 40 seconds for the computer to wake up and continue playing.. any fix? my previous keyboard does not have this issue.

i got Win 10 as my current OS

I have a common problem with the keyboard, but I can't find any solutions for it.

About 2 weeks after I purchased the keyboard, some keys stopped working.

The keys that don't work are: QWER UIOP as well as the key to toggle the backlight.

Since W falls into the layout for gaming, I want to fix this problem right away, as I am now stuck with an old Dell keyboard for now.

Pclinde    197

I have a common problem with the keyboard, but I can't find any solutions for it.

About 2 weeks after I purchased the keyboard, some keys stopped working.

The keys that don't work are: QWER UIOP as well as the key to toggle the backlight.

Since W falls into the layout for gaming, I want to fix this problem right away, as I am now stuck with an old Dell keyboard for now.

Hi,

Can you try a differnt PC perhaps? ? If this also doesnt work then I think you can apply for RMA: http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-obtain-a-product-replacement-RMA/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

PCLoverL    0

Would this method work with the CM Storm Octane Gaming Bundle?

zirv52.png

WINDOWS 7, 8 & 8.1

> Devastator Backlight Doesn't Turn Off at Shutdown

Note: BIOS settings, options and choice of words can be different.

• Enter the BIOS search for Advanced Controls > Advanced Power Management or Power Management > Enable EuP Ready option. 
  • Enter the BIOS search for Advanced Controls > Advanced Power Management > Enable ErP Support or ErP option or ErP Ready. [brand specific: Gigabyte].
  • No progress? Clear the CMOS, and try the steps above once more.
  • Read your motherboard user manual to find out if there are any specific bios settings or jumper settings that deal specifically with USB power settings.
  • Easy fix: flip the PSU power switch 'OFF'. (Not actually a fix but a temporarily option).

The USB power options after shutdown are mainly for USB charging devices (Smartphones or Tablets, etc.)

MAC OS X

> CM Storm Devastator Backlight on MAC OS X 

Note: This is an unsupported work-around, but suggested for MAC OS X users.

(Credits: ninjasiat, and others on the Apple forums).

LINUX

[under construction]

Would this method work with the CM Storm Octane Gamin Bundle?

Pclinde    197

Would this method work with the CM Storm Octane Gaming Bundle?

Would this method work with the CM Storm Octane Gamin Bundle?

Sorry, what method?